Phone cards

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:33 am
Banned

funinnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Phone cards

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can help as I have been a bit confused to all the calling cards available to call back to the UK

Can anyone recommend any they have found good/cheap to use - many thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:07 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone cards

Originally Posted by funinnz
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can help as I have been a bit confused to all the calling cards available to call back to the UK

Hi there. We use a calling card called 'Daytime', and have done so for the last year or so. We've carried on with it as we don't call the UK a massive amount (they often call us) so would never make the most of the overseas call packages that Telecom offer. $50 gives us around 2 or 3000 minutes, which is around 40 to 60 mins a dollar. It's a local call to get to your acct (which is free through for us through Telecom), then dial the international number as usual. As a benefit you get extra $ value added when you credit large amounts - around $7 for crediting $50 I think.

Generally $50 lasts us 3 months or more.

Anyone get a better deal? From seeing this, would we be better off with telecom? Hmmm... I'll have a look....
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:17 am
Banned

funinnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the roughfuninnz is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Wiz'n'Ton will look into the 'Daytime' one

Anyone else have any suggestions so I can compare?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Thanks Wiz'n'Ton will look into the 'Daytime' one

Anyone else have any suggestions so I can compare?
I use ratesaver. $20 get me approx 1000 minutes if I use it between 3am - 3pm our time. You can still use it outside these hours but you dont get as many minutes. The card last for 6 months from first use or last recharge. Still good value. When you dial the number it tells you how many minutes you have. Hope this helps
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got a broadband connection it's worth using Skype. The software's free to download over the web, then it's free pc to pc, and v cheap to phone out to landlines. I sue it for both from the UK to NZ, though beware to mobile is much much expensive.
If you have a good broadband connection the quality is usually very good.