Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

PG Diploma in Accounting or PG Diploma in Business (management)

PG Diploma in Accounting or PG Diploma in Business (management)

Old Nov 4th 2014, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

suraj21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PG Diploma in Accounting or PG Diploma in Business (management)

Hello Friends,

I Have in dilemma for course selection. Please help!

My profile is as below;

B.com(Accoutning & FInance) : 74%
Joined Godrej in 2011 and still with the same company, working as a senior executive in Logistics field. As there is not much scope in NZ for Logistics i thought to apply for Accounting course but later i come to know that there are opportunities for business course as well in NZ.

Till Date, I have received 2 conditional letter from university;

1. Waikato University - PG DIploma in Accounting
2. Massey University - PG Diploma in Business Admin. (management)

Can you friends, please tell me which one i should choose considering the job chances in NZ and my profile.

One more question, I heard that getting jobs after passing from polytechnic or college is east compare to University..Moreover, students of level 7(Graduate Diploma) get job quickly than level 8 students(PG Diploma).

my long term planning is to get a PR in NZ..
Please give your valuable suggestions..

Thank you!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:40 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PG Diploma in Accounting or PG Diploma in Business (management)

In my opinion, since you already have an accounting degree I would have thought the PG Dip Business Administration would be a good addition to your qualifications.

What gives you the impression that logistics is not a good route in NZ? I have come across quite a few people who work in logistics. You would probably not get a senior role straight off the bat, but you need to make the most of your work experience in addition to your qualifications.

I'm not aware of any preference for level 7 over level 8, but I'm not saying you are incorrect. The best combination is a good academic qualification along with several years of work experience. If you have those, it probably doesn't matter what level it is.

Make sure that you achieve a high standard of English. While you may pass the minimum requirement for immigration, my experience is that this may not mean the potential employee speaks/writes at a satisfactory level for employment at a senior level. Aim for higher standard than the minimum requirement.