petty crime

Old Jul 9th 2015, 1:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: petty crime

Originally Posted by tauhara
The burglary was the worst as they came into the bedroom while we were asleep.

We had that happen to us, in Charminster, Bmth. UK. Honestly . We did ! c1992 or so. Husband had a ground floor flat there at the time.

Disturbed and so woke up to see a leg disappearing out of the bedroom sash window, the rest of the body and other leg already having left the building. Mr BEVS rather slow on the uptake but not me. Oh noes. I was outta that bed like lightening and I hung onto the other leg with everything I had. Mr BEVS then tied said leg to a piece of furniture and there it stayed until the plods arrived.

I kid you not.

Anyway, your experience is just that, your own. The above tale did not make us feel unsafe through the whole of the UK & you really shouldn't let the incident put you off this entire country . I can quite see that being different if it was somewhere less lawful . SA perhaps.

FWIW, we have not had any personal experience of petty crime or burglary here. Although the local newsletter does sometimes show that it is here just as it is everywhere.