Pets

Old Nov 25th 2019, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

UKTONZ2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pets

Hi guys,
So I'm just about to submit my applications for our visas, just waiting on our medicals. Anyways have any of you had experience in brining pets over from the UK. I'm wanting to know how difficult is it to find a rental that will let you keep two small dogs ?

I dont really want to give them up as they are part of our family. Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you
Old Nov 25th 2019, 8:31 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets

Originally Posted by UKTONZ2019 View Post
Hi guys,
So I'm just about to submit my applications for our visas, just waiting on our medicals. Anyways have any of you had experience in brining pets over from the UK. I'm wanting to know how difficult is it to find a rental that will let you keep two small dogs ?

I dont really want to give them up as they are part of our family. Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you
Morning from New Zealand.

No need to give them up at all. They are part and parcel of your family and you are their world too.

It is normal practice here for dogs to be kennelled outside and not to live indoors for the most part. Rentals will be out there but you may need to pay a little more in rent and also to pay for professional cleaners to come in at the end of the tenancy.

sometimes even though a rental may say no pets, that can be negotiated.

There are dog friendly holiday homes to get you started whilst looking for a decent rental.

What area of NZ are you coming to? ( edit) ---> Ah! Tauranga.
Did you decide on a pet exporter yet please? It is good to hear from those just coming out as to what has been chosen .

cheers
BEVS
Old Nov 26th 2019, 6:01 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

if you haven't already read through the guide lines here they are:
https://www.mpi.govt.nz/importing/li...cats-and-dogs/
the dogs will have to pass rabies blood test which have timeline to them and you would also have to put them into an approved quarantine facility for at least 10 days which are only in Auckland or Christchurch, which are also the only point of entry.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

We bought two dogs over, one medium, one small. Lived in 3 rentals before we bought. Never had a problem with rentals. A lot of rentals will say “no dogs” however we still applied for them. Only condition was that they were not left in the house when we were not there so they stayed in the garage. It is expensive to bring dogs over, but as you say they are part of the family and I’m so glad we bought the pups over.