petrol prices

Old Dec 14th 2010, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default petrol prices

So as petrol rockets towards NZ$2.00 and we consider a move to OZ i thought I'd check the prices there.......

Hmmm todays price for Unleaded - AU$1.22

In other words NZ$1.60.........
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: petrol prices

I was looking at the prices today diesel has gone up 30c a litre since we got here 15 months ago, dont know about unleded i dont use it. It seems a little excessive to me

Neil
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Persia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teambwr47
So as petrol rockets towards NZ$2.00 and we consider a move to OZ i thought I'd check the prices there.......

Hmmm todays price for Unleaded - AU$1.22

In other words NZ$1.60.........
That sounds 'bout right, although it can fluctuate during the week and with supermarket vouchers etc.

Aussies will feel hard done by if it gets near $1.50
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I assume the petrol vouchers at supermarkets exists in OZ too?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Makes you're bloomin mad, the price has gone up so we're told due to cold weather in Europe. Since when did NZ start buying petrol from Europe I wonder?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone in NZ can complain about the price of petrol, it's well undertaxed compared with Europe.

Even at today's misely exchange rate, a UK price of UKGBP 1.212/litre converts to over $2.50/litre, and the UK as only the 8th highest petrol prices in Europe.

That said all the garages do seem to sell at virtually the price.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 8:06 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

The petrol price in NZ seems to fluctuate almost on a day to day basis, which to me, at least, means that it is more closely linked to the supply price than in Europe.

Mind you, it can go down just as quickly as it goes up. Seems like only yesterday it was $2.20/liter, (in fact it was 2008).

There is only so much oil in the world to go around and if the demand from China and India continues to grow, god knows where it will end.

Time to get a Toyota Prius I think.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Persia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant futurePersia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teambwr47
I assume the petrol vouchers at supermarkets exists in OZ too?
Yup! Woolies is 4c off a litre and Coles is doing an 8c promo. You get another 4c off if you spend so much ($5 I think) in the petrol station shop.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 10:41 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Petrol got to $1.90 in Oz last year, has been as low as $1.10 this year and is about $1.20 to $1.40 depending where you live. It always goes up near xmas.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Cheaper petrol in Australia can be a bit of a double edge sword, if I can put it that way.... it will depend on where you can afford to live in relation to where you work.
If I were to live in Australia again it would have to be Sydney or Perth, because I am very familiar with those two; I know for a fact because of the type of work that I do I would never be able to afford to live even remotely close to my job so I would in effect be spending a lot more on fuel and/or public transport to get to place of work.
here I can afford to live 5 minutes drive from work, petrol bill is about $40 a fortnight. Beach is on doorstep, in Sydney or Perth my budget would not allow me to live near a beach, not close.

i would like to know the price of a train ticket from the suburbs into Sydney these days, but hey I can't be a*rsed googling it!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:59 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Makes you're bloomin mad, the price has gone up so we're told due to cold weather in Europe. Since when did NZ start buying petrol from Europe I wonder?
That will be down to THE (ie the global) oil price then - being pushed up by Northern hemisphere demand...
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:06 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NakiMan
The petrol price in NZ seems to fluctuate almost on a day to day basis
Probably because NZ's oil comes in by tanker so the price wil relate to that specific tanker delivery, the previous and next tankers will be fixed at different prices. Pump prices will be fixed relative to the wholesale price rippling down from the tanker delivery...

Time to get a Toyota Prius I think.
Err why??? Prius only allows you to timeshift your emissions, that is a bit like saying because you video everything you don't watch tv and shouldn't pay for it.

Fully electric cars will be the next con, much of Europe will end up driving them convinced they are saving the planet while not realising that the electricity is being generated in a coal-fired plant in Kazakhstan with zero emissions controls....
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:48 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by simonsi
Err why??? Prius only allows you to timeshift your emissions, that is a bit like saying because you video everything you don't watch tv and shouldn't pay for it.

Fully electric cars will be the next con, much of Europe will end up driving them convinced they are saving the planet while not realising that the electricity is being generated in a coal-fired plant in Kazakhstan with zero emissions controls....
I only sugested a Prius on the grounds that it uses less fuel than most. I could equally well have sugested a small engined Ford Fiesta, or maybe a Suzuki Alto. Whatever it is, it has to be NEW. Most of the old Jap imports found in NZ are hopelessly fuel inefficient.

I totally agree with you about full electric cars, total con emissions wize. Trouble is, people just cant see it.

Perhaps the answer is the hydrogen fuel cell. But even then dont you have to generate the hydrogen by using electricity?
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:30 pm
It is what it is Member

Perhaps the answer is the hydrogen fuel cell. But even then dont you have to generate the hydrogen by using electricity?
Yep, no free lunch
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janek

i would like to know the price of a train ticket from the suburbs into Sydney these days, but hey I can't be a*rsed googling it!
Err cheaper in real terms than Wellington train tickets and you don't travel on trains that should have scrapped 20 years....

Oh and they seem to run without the daily failures and excuses that we have to put-up with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.