Petrol prices

Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:42 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Petrol prices

They were 1.51.9 when we were here last April. Nine months later and it's up to 1.75.9. Boo!

That's an increase of 24 cents, or 15.8%

Not happy.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:47 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol prices

Originally Posted by Maz
They were 1.51.9 when we were here last April. Nine months later and it's up to 1.75.9. Boo!

That's an increase of 24 cents, or 15.8%

Not happy.
Thought I was the only one who thinks petrol prices are astronomical...
$1.75.9 is so high, I seem to only half fill the car now for the same money and now when we talk about going out in the car I wonder if its worth taking it and readily accept lifts when offered...
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, and the stupid thing about it is that the RBNZ will use the higher fuel prices as a cause to keep interest rates up. The government will say that higher inflation, as partly supported by higher fuel prices, justifies no or low tax cuts. Why is it stupid? Because, the higher fuel prices, take money out of our pockets, so we have less money for the mortgage which are already at very high rates of ineterest.

The other stupid thing is that I was reading that the government will introduce a budget with tax cuts, but they won't kick in for a year. Why is it that NZ does it this way. Looking at Canada, they have a budget, or even a mini budget via a fiscal update, and tax cuts are not only introduced, but they are immediate so there is now waiting.

While I am ranting, I must say I like living here, but the way government works and a few other things I won't mention just drive me crazy.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:34 am
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice

The NZ govt fiscal policy is to controlled by the govt and the 3 year election cycle. It is supposedly independent, but in reality as long as its constrained by the Reserve Bank legislation to keep inflation in the 1-3% band, they will always be adversly effected by govt actions. The high exchange rate and high interest rates are a disgrace, but they are 'needed' because the Reserve bank is scraed about the inflationary pressures that will be created by govt spending in election year. Its a mad system.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Petrol Prices:

Better get used to high and higher fuel prices. This stuff is on the endangered list.

My pick is US $120 - $150 barrel before the year ends

Kip
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Are we going to have a Peak Oil debate?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here

Would you like to?

Kip
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:57 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
damn if I'd known then I'd have got the inside track from our friends from Adelaide who visited today and both are geophysicists working in exploration......bugger............
on second thoughts, going down the beach and talking kids/ex-Pattery/ house prices and wondering where the last 15 years have gone was far more productive.........
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kippers
Would you like to?

Kip
Tempted
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I must admit, I am planning to be less dependent on petrol in my new life here, I want to bike to work!! I don't get the kiwi mentality to its cars and the big engines, road to ruin I think!

I sort of did ok at turners auction the other day, the new motor is only 2 litre.................... won't mention the twin turbos!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:18 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen
Yeah I must admit, I am planning to be less dependent on petrol in my new life here, I want to bike to work!! I don't get the kiwi mentality to its cars and the big engines, road to ruin I think!

I sort of did ok at turners auction the other day, the new motor is only 2 litre.................... won't mention the twin turbos!!!
Personally I've never seen so few SUVs, pick-up trucks and minivans on the road. Forgive me if I have the wrong terminology there. My car is a whopping 1000 cc and it's enough up the Ngauranga Gorge so I'm happy. We'll use the CRV for longer journeys, though, it's newer and more reliable.

I really hope the price doesn't go shooting up. It does seem to follow war policy in the US too, though. Oh lordy, I really don't mean to start a war / US debate! But it does go inline with it...
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

It doesn't bother me.....my new truck takes 26 gallons and I just fill it up..... it beats the NINE dollars a gallon it costs in the UK !!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:26 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
It doesn't bother me.....my new truck takes 26 gallons and I just fill it up..... it beats the NINE dollars a gallon it costs in the UK !!!

Exactly!

I have a (2.3 litre VW) Golf and it now costs me £54 to fill my tank, which I do weekly, just pottering around locally. So that's about $140/week NZD then!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Fortunately for us Christchurch has a satisfactory bus service, not brilliant, but not too bad either. We also live near the city centre which is only a fifteen minute walk from our leafy suburb. Christchurch's airport, I work in the post distribution centre which is next to one of the runways, is a twenty minute bike ride from our flat. The point is that petrol prices haven't really affected us other than that the prices of everything have gone up as the cost of transporting goods has increased because of the rising fuel costs.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about

HI THERE ALL - Think that it is more like around $16 a gallon in the UK as the diesel now ranges from £1.05 per litre anything up to £1.15 on the main service stations. We are also going through the highest hike in gas and electric prices due to the cost of oil etc which is now at $100 a barrel.Council tax is due to rise at least £150 per person/household-cant remember which but still the usual British rip off!!!!!!!!!!!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.