Petrol

Old May 30th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Petrol

Well, a litre of diesel has just hit the £1.30 mark at our local garage. And people ask me why i want to leave. Whats that in NZ$, $3 a litre?
Old May 30th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol

Originally Posted by malcoltom
Well, a litre of diesel has just hit the £1.30 mark at our local garage. And people ask me why i want to leave. Whats that in NZ$, $3 a litre?
Up the North of Scotland and the western isles it has hit £1.45 a litre:curse:
and about £1.27 for unleaded. at least dick turpin wore a mask!
Old May 30th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcoltom
At an exchange rate of $2.50 thats $3.25 a litre.

BUT fuel is rocketing up here too. Look at the last few posts re 'who wants to live in this dump?...on the main NZ forum. NZ is not a particuarly cheap place to live for a number of people. It has been suggested that people take a good look at their finances afore making the move. I know Malc like me you are an older emigree and especially with your hiked up lump sum from your 30 years police pension you will be fiscally sound. Hope the piss up went well. How much did I drink??????
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis

BUT fuel is rocketing up here too. Look at the last few posts re 'who wants to live in this dump?...on the main NZ forum. NZ is not a particuarly cheap place to live for a number of people. It has been suggested that people take a good look at their finances afore making the move. I know Malc like me you are an older emigree and especially with your hiked up lump sum from your 30 years police pension you will be fiscally sound. Hope the piss up went well. How much did I drink??????
Had to take you home in a barra!!
Good do, lots of old faces not seen since left police college. And i few i didn't invite.
Guess what a lot of my presents were? NZ dollars. If thats not an omen, nothing is.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:16 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Heres a thought

OPEC countries sell oil for $135 a barrel.

OPEC countries buy US grain at $7 a bushel

Solution - Sell grain to OPEC Countries at $135 a bushel - Can't afford it? TOUGH, Eat your F**king oil

Just kidding, but makes you think about how all countries in the world are interdependant, doesnt it
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
NZ Petrol around $2.10 and locals are up in arms about it!

But its still looking cheap compared to the UK, and thats with the NZ exchange rate being very strong!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

I always think the best way to compare it ...is to consider the people who work for mininium rate.

So minimium rate over here is now $12ph and fuel is $2.10...this means they have to work for 10 and a half minutes to buy a litre of fuel. Or that they can buy 5.7 litres of fuel for every hour they work....

(you can tell why these people don't drive to work!!!)

What is minium rate in UK at the mo? How does that compare?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
I always think the best way to compare it ...is to consider the people who work for mininium rate.

So minimium rate over here is now $12ph and fuel is $2.10...this means they have to work for 10 and a half minutes to buy a litre of fuel. Or that they can buy 5.7 litres of fuel for every hour they work....

(you can tell why these people don't drive to work!!!)

What is minium rate in UK at the mo? How does that compare?

I know people who drive 60K each way on min wage.

Min. rate in UK is equivalent to $14.35, soon to rise to $14.90.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickey_d

Usually you get a voucher with your supermarket shopping receipt for 4c off a litre. I got one for 15c off a litre last week. Filled up my car today that was empty and that amounted to the following;
50L @ 2.109/L $105.45
Fuel Discount of 15c/L = $7:50 saving.
Total = $97:95
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

not the equivilent what is the actual in pounds if people really want to know how much fuel costs in real life then we can compare how many litres you get for you minimium rate hour of work......
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:40 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

So $14.35 is equivalent to £5.75 at an exchange rate of $2.50 to £1

With UK petrol at £1.25 a litre that means a min wage worker can buy 4.6 litres of fuel for 1 hours work

A minimum wage worker in NZ can buy 5.7 litres for 1 hours work, more if you take supermarket discounts into account

So by whatever means you compare it, NZ fuel is still relativerly cheap

Last edited by NakiMan; Jun 25th 2008 at 10:44 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NakiMan
So $14.35 is equivalent to £5.75 at an exchange rate of $2.50 to £1

With UK petrol at £1.25 a litre that means a min wage worker can buy 4.6 litres of fuel for 1 hours work

A minimum wage worker in NZ can buy 5.7 litres for 1 hours work, more if you take supermarket discounts into account

So by whatever means you compare it, NZ fuel is still relativerly cheap
Woohooo so we have nothing to complain about here in NZ yet then....an extra 1 litre for your hour worked!!!!!!!!! Remeber this next time you fill your car... I some how feel richer now thats been worked out.......
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:38 am
Enjoying retirement

Woohooo so we have nothing to complain about here in NZ yet then.....
I'm not saying that at all, but just dont run away thinking that NZ fuel overpriced

Its been cheaper than most countries in Europe for years, and still is. Why else do you think that large engined cars have sold so well here.

How many 5 litre V8s do you think Ford and General motors sell in the UK?

And remember that the UK doesn't have the most expensive petrol in Europe, by a long chalk.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm in agreement with ya totally, I wasn't being scarcastic Yep fuel has hiked a lot recently and it does hurt, but its becasue we have all had it so good for so long
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:28 am
Enjoying retirement

fuel has hiked a lot recently and it does hurt
I agree, and as a retired couple on a near fixed income, its hurting us more than most.

When we left the UK 2 years ago, our income was adequate but now, although were not starving yet, things are definatly getting tighter. God only knows what the future holds.

Bit worrying really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.