Petrol!!!!

Old May 18th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Petrol!!!!

Here in Tonbridge, petrol is now £1.13 a litre :curse:. What's price like in NZ these days?
Old May 18th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Petrol!!!!

Originally Posted by chippy64
Here in Tonbridge, petrol is now £1.13 a litre :curse:. What's price like in NZ these days?
Currently $1.93 a litre for un-leaded. That is in the Wellington region. I know it might be cheaper or more expensive in other parts.
Old May 18th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Hiya

$50 used to get me 3/4 tank, that was only 3 months ago, now it just gets me over 1/2 tank

Everything has gone up since we got here in January, bread, milk, butter, cheese. That being said, the way of life is much better, we do more as a family and are a lot less stressed, and lets face it money can't buy that

Catkin
Old May 18th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catkin09
That being said, the way of life is much better, we do more as a family and are a lot less stressed, and lets face it money can't buy that
Well, it can actually but I know what you mean...money can't banish the hordes from Europe who are missing from NZ but....the scenery doesn't pay the mortgage so don't come unless the figures add up for your family would be my advice.
Old May 18th 2008, 10:46 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

91 (unleaded) $1.88 here. Some supermarkets give you money off fuel vouchers. Some 4c or 10c off a litre if you spend over $40 or $50, which sure isn't difficult to do with the rise in food prices!
Old May 18th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
91 (unleaded) $1.88 here. Some supermarkets give you money off fuel vouchers. Some 4c or 10c off a litre if you spend over $40 or $50, which sure isn't difficult to do with the rise in food prices!
Had to spend $80 today to get 6c off a litre (Woolworths)
Old May 18th 2008, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

ErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Well, it can actually but I know what you mean...money can't banish the hordes from Europe who are missing from NZ but....the scenery doesn't pay the mortgage so don't come unless the figures add up for your family would be my advice.
That's sound advice - I loved the scenery around the north and south island and I loved the cafe culture in Wellington but none of that will matter when you cannot make ends meet and you find yourself struggling every month.

On the other hand, I did notice that a lot of people complain about the increased cost of living (especially on other forums .. or would that be "fora"?) .... but guess what? The price of petrol has gone sky high in Germany as well. Milk products have become more expensive as well. Bread too. And I'm pretty sure that we're paying A LOT more ever since the Euro was introduced.

In April I went back to the USA again, where I hadn't been since 2004.... and I was very happy with the strong Euro because prices sure had risen in 4 years for just about anything!

So I guess it's a global thing and not just NZ - but I guess it will impact you more if you earn less than you did before in Europe.
Old May 18th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Angry Re: Petrol!!!!

Think yourself lucky around my area its between £1-13 to 1-20 unleaded, and for diesel£1-20-£1-28 per litre. so where they get all prices are fare. And just to think the goverment get 66p of that.

regards
Stan
Per Ardua

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old May 18th 2008, 10:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rockape
Think yourself lucky around my area its between £1-13 to 1-20 unleaded, and for diesel£1-20-£1-28 per litre.
You have to factor in what you are actually earning in NZ & not compare UK prices to NZ ones. A price of $1.90 per litre is hugely expensive here in NZ when earning NZ dollars.

As Eric states, this hike is happening worldwide.
Old May 18th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Petrol!!!!

Petrol is anything between $1.33 - 1.49 Au in Oz, depends on which day you buy it, always goes up Wednesday afternoon.

When I came over here 18 months ago it was $1.00 Au per litre, so a significant rise in a very short period of time.

A global thing.

NG
Old May 19th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually beginning to think this whole 4c off a litre voucher thing from the supermarkets is really quite insulting now, especially when it means unleaded only comes down to $1.89 from $1.93.

I would save a whopping TWO DOLLARS off a 50 litre fill up, well, hang on in there while I work out exactly what I can go spend that massive saving on, hmm, maybe 30 mins parking in Welly CBD, half a bar of UK chocolate from Cool Britannia, or maybe half a loaf of bread, or if I save up my two dollar savings I may be able to go out and buy a new book from Whitcoulls in four bloody months time...

Shocking... :curse:
Old May 20th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

and it went up again to 1.96
Old May 20th 2008, 5:10 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

It has topped over $2 today. Great. Shanks pony for me. No asking people for rides in a car anymore.

Perhaps i will bring a can of petrol along to parties instead of wine...just like in Australia during the banana crisis.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
It has topped over $2 today. Great. Shanks pony for me. No asking people for rides in a car anymore.

Perhaps i will bring a can of petrol along to parties instead of wine...just like in Australia during the banana crisis.
Banana Crisis?
Old May 20th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

So one of the main reasons why Petrol is so expensive is because, the 'western developed' world in it's wisdom farmed out it's manufacturing to countries like China and India amongst others, that there consumption has gone through the roof the more business we put there way, that oil producing countries can't meet demand!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.