Petrol

Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice
Default Petrol

With the price of petrol / diesel so high, it would be worth shopping at Pack & Save till this weekend. 20c vouchers for $50 shopping. just ask the cashier to split up your shopping and you have enough dockets for a month. .hopefully.
At least we will feel less pain (short term of course) if petrol goes up after Easter.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol

Originally Posted by Knightm View Post
With the price of petrol / diesel so high, it would be worth shopping at Pack & Save till this weekend. 20c vouchers for $50 shopping. just ask the cashier to split up your shopping and you have enough dockets for a month. .hopefully.
At least we will feel less pain (short term of course) if petrol goes up after Easter.
I think my pak and save vouchers only last 7 or so days, Countdown are also doing the promotion..their's last a month!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:08 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I think my pak and save vouchers only last 7 or so days, Countdown are also doing the promotion..their's last a month!!

Every supermarket here in Blenheim is doing 12c a litre off. I have enough for the next 5 weeks, which is a quandry in itself, cos they run out a month from the date of issue???!!!!! :bli nk:
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

Genesis is right. Countdown and Woolworth are also offering the 20c offer with $50 purchase. yes ...1 month deadline to use, but at least they reduce the suffering
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Just been to New World in Khandallah and got 20c off a litre.

I'm going to fill up tomorrow

Catkin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:07 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I don't have a car and I keep getting those vouchers. Maybe I should save 'em and put 'em up on Trademe.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:50 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Deisel is now £1.14/$2.80 a litre in the UK whichever you prefer. I have heard its likely to hit the £1.40/$3.46 by the end of the year. How shocking is that
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
Deisel is now £1.14/$2.80 a litre in the UK whichever you prefer. I have heard its likely to hit the £1.40/$3.46 by the end of the year. How shocking is that
To be honest, no more shocking that here . It really depends what you are earning and what you can afford.

I know of a family whose main bread earner is taking home $13 an hour for a family of 4. $1.78 + is a huge deal for them
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

exaclty, i dont compare anything £ to $ anymore in my research ( i still in the uk) and its for that exact reason, the two just arent comparable, it sunk in for me when i said to oh look how cheap the houses are in nz we could live in a really nice one and not need much of a mortgage, to which he replied yes thats do able if we were earning pounds over there but we wont be it will be dollars and you dont get as many dollars in your nz wage as you do pounds in your uk wage .
needless to say i leave everything financial upto him.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:39 am
Just Joined

SamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really niceSamBinNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by gina and danny View Post
exaclty, i dont compare anything £ to $ anymore in my research ( i still in the uk) and its for that exact reason, the two just arent comparable, it sunk in for me when i said to oh look how cheap the houses are in nz we could live in a really nice one and not need much of a mortgage, to which he replied yes thats do able if we were earning pounds over there but we wont be it will be dollars and you dont get as many dollars in your nz wage as you do pounds in your uk wage .
needless to say i leave everything financial upto him.
I too have stopped comparing UK wages to what you earn here. Things are cheap here if you are spending English money but now we are earning NZ Dollars you realise things aren't that cheap!!! I am earning a 1/3 of what I was earning before I left the UK, so when we were looking like you on the internet before we came, property did seem cheap but that's because I was earning a lot more. But saying that we didn't come here to earn more but the better life style that we now have. Good luck when you get here.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

mr-marky-mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember it also depends where abouts in the UK you have come from. For me, coming from a small city in the UK to a large one in NZ, I get paid more here. And I still had to endure those high UK fuel prices...