British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Petrol (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/petrol-523067/)

Knightm Mar 19th 2008 11:05 pm

Petrol

With the price of petrol / diesel so high, it would be worth shopping at Pack & Save till this weekend. 20c vouchers for $50 shopping. just ask the cashier to split up your shopping and you have enough dockets for a month. .hopefully.
At least we will feel less pain (short term of course) if petrol goes up after Easter.

Genesis Mar 20th 2008 1:35 am

Re: Petrol

Originally Posted by Knightm (Post 6086782)
With the price of petrol / diesel so high, it would be worth shopping at Pack & Save till this weekend. 20c vouchers for $50 shopping. just ask the cashier to split up your shopping and you have enough dockets for a month. .hopefully.
At least we will feel less pain (short term of course) if petrol goes up after Easter.

I think my pak and save vouchers only last 7 or so days, Countdown are also doing the promotion..their's last a month!!

P2L Mar 20th 2008 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 6087205)
I think my pak and save vouchers only last 7 or so days, Countdown are also doing the promotion..their's last a month!!

Every supermarket here in Blenheim is doing 12c a litre off. I have enough for the next 5 weeks, which is a quandry in itself, cos they run out a month from the date of issue???!!!!! :confused::unsure::confused::unsure::confused::bli nk:

Knightm Mar 20th 2008 5:29 am

Genesis is right. Countdown and Woolworth are also offering the 20c offer with $50 purchase. yes ...1 month deadline to use, but at least they reduce the suffering:(

Catkin09 Mar 20th 2008 7:04 am

Just been to New World in Khandallah and got 20c off a litre.

I'm going to fill up tomorrow:thumbsup:

Catkin

happynz Mar 20th 2008 7:07 am

I don't have a car and I keep getting those vouchers. Maybe I should save 'em and put 'em up on Trademe.

wimpy Mar 20th 2008 8:50 am

Deisel is now £1.14/$2.80 a litre in the UK whichever you prefer. I have heard its likely to hit the £1.40/$3.46 by the end of the year. How shocking is that

BEVS Mar 20th 2008 11:17 am

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 6087945)
Deisel is now £1.14/$2.80 a litre in the UK whichever you prefer. I have heard its likely to hit the £1.40/$3.46 by the end of the year. How shocking is that

To be honest, no more shocking that here . It really depends what you are earning and what you can afford.

I know of a family whose main bread earner is taking home $13 an hour for a family of 4. $1.78 + is a huge deal for them

gina and danny Mar 20th 2008 12:11 pm

exaclty, i dont compare anything £ to $ anymore in my research ( i still in the uk) and its for that exact reason, the two just arent comparable, it sunk in for me when i said to oh look how cheap the houses are in nz we could live in a really nice one and not need much of a mortgage, to which he replied yes thats do able if we were earning pounds over there but we wont be it will be dollars and you dont get as many dollars in your nz wage as you do pounds in your uk wage .
needless to say i leave everything financial upto him.:p

SamBinNZ Mar 21st 2008 7:39 am

Originally Posted by gina and danny (Post 6088608)
exaclty, i dont compare anything £ to $ anymore in my research ( i still in the uk) and its for that exact reason, the two just arent comparable, it sunk in for me when i said to oh look how cheap the houses are in nz we could live in a really nice one and not need much of a mortgage, to which he replied yes thats do able if we were earning pounds over there but we wont be it will be dollars and you dont get as many dollars in your nz wage as you do pounds in your uk wage .
needless to say i leave everything financial upto him.:p

I too have stopped comparing UK wages to what you earn here. Things are cheap here if you are spending English money but now we are earning NZ Dollars you realise things aren't that cheap!!! I am earning a 1/3 of what I was earning before I left the UK, so when we were looking like you on the internet before we came, property did seem cheap but that's because I was earning a lot more. But saying that we didn't come here to earn more but the better life style that we now have. Good luck when you get here.:thumbsup:

mr-marky-mark Mar 22nd 2008 8:33 pm

Remember it also depends where abouts in the UK you have come from. For me, coming from a small city in the UK to a large one in NZ, I get paid more here. And I still had to endure those high UK fuel prices...