Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pet Transport to NZ

Pet Transport to NZ

Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

dmiles is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pet Transport to NZ

I wondered if anyone out there could advise me if they Shipped their Pet Dog to NZ.

I have had 5 Quotes to send my English Pointer on a Flight on his own with my husband already in NZ ready for his arrival. The prices range from £2500 -£4500, some of these exclude the Actual Vaccinations but all are for the Company to Do Everything!

Is it possible to book the Flight myself ? The Vets have confirmed they can do the necessary Paperwork/Tests to Meet the DEFRA Requirements.

Any information would be greatful, as the time is drawing near to start the process.

Hope to Hear from Someone out there !!!!!

Thanks Donna
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Transport to NZ

We used these. They were excellent.

http://parair.co.uk/

Cost about 3500 GBP. We sorted out tests etc. with a local vet, which was about 800 GBP.
This was for 2 dogs (Lurcher & Border Terrier) & 1 Cat, back in 2006.

Last edited by mickey_d; Sep 12th 2009 at 3:21 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dmiles
I wondered if anyone out there could advise me if they Shipped their Pet Dog to NZ.

I have had 5 Quotes to send my English Pointer on a Flight on his own with my husband already in NZ ready for his arrival. The prices range from £2500 -£4500, some of these exclude the Actual Vaccinations but all are for the Company to Do Everything!

Is it possible to book the Flight myself ? The Vets have confirmed they can do the necessary Paperwork/Tests to Meet the DEFRA Requirements.

Any information would be greatful, as the time is drawing near to start the process.

Hope to Hear from Someone out there !!!!!

Thanks Donna

Hi,

We are going to use Pets On the Move. £1800 for a Springer spaniel plus £350 for vaccinations.

Dawn X
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Hi again,

Something else I have done is get a pet passport. If we get there and it all goes wrong for us, having a pet passport will prevent her having to got into quarentine in UK. Not that I think we will come back, but I don't want the thought of quarantine to ever stop me if I chose to.

It is costing another £200, but puts my mind at rest and is cheaper than quarantine.

Dawn X
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Your pet also has to meet NZ MAF requirements and will need import documentation.

You will need to contact each airline direct to see if they are currently accepting live animal cargo & the conditions the airline require to accept the animal. Each airline may have differing regulations .

For instance Air New Zealand states this
Any animal transported on Air New Zealand must be booked with Cargo Customer Service Unit by an approved Pet Transporter; delivered to the
Air New Zealand Cargo Facility by an approved Pet Transport Company.
British Airways state this

Due to the documentation requirements in Singapore, all bookings to Australia and New Zealand must be made by a Pet Travel Agent.

Any flight must land at Auckland International airport.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

I cannot rate Golden Arrow highly enough. Great help, really knowledgable, I bought over a bordercollie and a German sheperd cross with no issues at all and my friend has just shipped her Ridgeback with them. Same again.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute
I cannot rate Golden Arrow highly enough. Great help, really knowledgable, I bought over a bordercollie and a German sheperd cross with no issues at all and my friend has just shipped her Ridgeback with them. Same again.
Same here, although they have yet to fly our two small dogs out, they have been fantastic. We feel like our dogs will be in such safe hands.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

I was going to use Arrow they were really helpful on the phone and would have deffinatly used them but found a company closer to us who seemed just as helpful. So saving on travelling.

Dawn X
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

shevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really nice

Hi there

we were going to use golden arrow as they seem to have a very good reputation and always have good reviews, however, they are not the cheapest option..

We are still looking into it and might try pets on the move.. Dawn can u tell me how u applied for the pets passport?
was it as your local vets? our vet was pretty clueless about the whole thing so trying a different one!

we have two dogs to move, a collie and a jack russell.

THANKS!!

Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shevvie
Hi there

we were going to use golden arrow as they seem to have a very good reputation and always have good reviews, however, they are not the cheapest option..

We are still looking into it and might try pets on the move.. Dawn can u tell me how u applied for the pets passport?
was it as your local vets? our vet was pretty clueless about the whole thing so trying a different one!

THANKS!!

Luckily my vet knew all about the passport scheme. She had a rabies vaccine then a second one a couple of weeks later,(£65 so far), then four weeks after this she is due to go for blood tests (another £133), they take 3 weeks to come back, then you get the passport (another £48). You can take the dog out of the country immediatly but cannot bring them back in for at least 6 months. You have to keep the passport upto date with rabies injections every 3 years.

Also remember that they have to have more test before transportation but the tranport company should advise you of all that.

Thats going to cost you a bit with 2 dogs!

Good luck

Dawn X
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

THANKS!!

Whichever company you use, they are only looked after by them until the flight anyway, so a cheaper option won't be much different. We used the cheapest (by a long way), but they were the oldest established company anyway, which was good enough for us
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

shevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really niceshevvie is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Whichever company you use, they are only looked after by them until the flight anyway, so a cheaper option won't be much different. We used the cheapest (by a long way), but they were the oldest established company anyway, which was good enough for us
Who did you use? I think we have a few quotes off a couple already, just need to start sorting out the passports and vets now!

Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

we will be shipping two cats and have been quoted £1700 for both all inclusive. Seems to be the average cost this is with Golden Arrow and have heard excellent reports
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Who did you use? I think we have a few quotes off a couple already, just need to start sorting out the passports and vets now!

http://parair.co.uk/
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mickey_d
many thanks - will get a quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.