Pet insurance

Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice
Default Pet insurance

Hi

Just wondered if anyone could help re pet insurance?

I've read that no where will insure dogs over the age of 8.... Is that right?

Our dog was born in 2003, making him 8 or poss 9 if he's had his birthday already what are the chances of us finding insurance?

He's fit and healthy and not on any meds, to look at him you would think he was younger...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by LittleMonkey; Oct 6th 2012 at 11:50 pm. Reason: Typo!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

higgy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pet insurance

We are with Petplan NZ, we were with Petplan in the UK and they always
paid out quickly. Our dog is 3 years old but must admit i have not heard
of the age restriction.

By the way the NZ PP say they are not connected to the UK one although
it all looks the same.

Best of luck with your search.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Chalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant future

Pet Plan gets my vote too. Easy to deal with and they have the most user-friendly policies (used to process the insurance claims for the vet clinic I worked in). They are the least likely to quibble.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

We use Ellenco Pet Insurance, they have always been very easy to deal with, very quick and friendly and we have had no problems with their service
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice

Hi,

I've had a look at pet plan and their policy says they only insure from 8 weeks to 8 years...from looking at ellenco they insure upto 5 but it looks like you can get an individual price than if older but it's not overly clear.

I think if you gave had your dog with them for a while before they are 8 it's fine, just can't insure them for first time if over 8
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Chalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LittleMonkey
Hi,

I think if you gave had your dog with them for a while before they are 8 it's fine, just can't insure them for first time if over 8
Can't you 'pretend' he's almost 8?? I mean, lots of dogs come from the pound, you can't tell exactly how old they are. Do his vet records say he's 8?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chalkygirl
Can't you 'pretend' he's almost 8?? I mean, lots of dogs come from the pound, you can't tell exactly how old they are. Do his vet records say he's 8?
No his vet records say he's 9.

I have emailed one company and I have been honest and said he was born in 2003 so don't know exactly how old he is...they have asked for name of our insurance co here, how long we have been insured with them and for a copy of his medical history. Sent all that off to them this morning, for fingers crossed...