Reload this Page >

Perth VS New Zealand

Perth VS New Zealand

Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth VS New Zealand

Originally posted by oz-nz donkey
Has anyone else migrated to Perth only to find things didn't work out as expected? We had 2 years there and things went from bad to worse, we have since moved onto New Zealand to find things have turned around for us fantastically.

Don't get me wrong, we liked Perth alot but financially it was a disaster. We had problems getting work and although we had visited before we migrated, we really did not cope with the heat day in and day out in the summer.

Perhaps our expectations were too high?

Wellington, on the other hand, makes us feel that we have at last reached a place we feel happy in. The kids have settled (we had problems in Perth with both children), we both secured jobs within days and it looks as though an offer on a house here is going to go without problems.

I am not running Perth down, had things gone better, perhaps we would still be there, hindsight is a wonderful thing!?

You have said that you were living in perth for 2 years and that in all that time you had only 3 months work. Can you estimate how much money you lost in your 2 years there? I think it may be useful for future immigrants from the UK to know.