British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Permanent Res and flights booked, now for the container stuff (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/permanent-res-flights-booked-now-container-stuff-770118/)

britkiwi Aug 31st 2012 1:13 pm

Permanent Res and flights booked, now for the container stuff

now we've got the visa I've booked the flights and need to sort out container quotes. Thinking about Pickfords, Anglo Pacific and PSS. Has anyone got any recommendations, suggestions on what to check/ask?

thepinkone Aug 31st 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Permanent Res and flights booked, now for the container stuff

I got quotes from all 3 of those. Pickfords don't use another company in NZ as they're based there also; they came out as the most expensive quote for us (£3800 for sole use of a 20ft container). Anglo Pacific came in just under PSS (Anglo Pacific's insurance is cheaper, but PSS do an additonal £2k cover for free when taking out more than £10k); both Anglo Pacific and PSS look good to us. I have put a bit more in my thread about outside container cleaning in the NZ bit of the board.

Congrats on the visa

lfcfan Aug 31st 2012 4:11 pm

Personally we used pickfords can't fault them, our stuff was only a part load but no issues whatsoever couldn't be any better

Justcol Sep 1st 2012 2:43 am

we used crown who were very good and have depots all over the place here in nz that they
will take your stuff to before delivering to you.
haggle on the price any shipper gives you, we saved hundreds by saying another company had
quoted a similar anount and asked them if they could improve their price.

Boopy Sep 1st 2012 8:21 am

We also used Crown, excellent service at both ends :)

inky78 Sep 2nd 2012 1:08 am

We used Atlantic Shipping. Very good couldn't fault them. Dismantled any flat packed goods, then reassembled them in NZ when they arrived for us. Told us not to empty drawers, would pack them full as long as not hugely heavy. Have never seems so much wrapping around our items (each individual item was wrapped with a least 2 pieces of paper. Boxes all labelled, and itemised. Didn't have to deal with customs or Mafi. When all finished unpacking they came back to pick up the empty rubbish and wrapping to save us having to get rid of it. Did haggle over the price, had another quote which was cheaper but felt these were the better company

britkiwi Sep 2nd 2012 6:45 pm

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm going to get some quotes from all those you've suggested and do my best price-wise.

RobDon Sep 2nd 2012 9:32 pm

We used John Mason. ;)
Honestly couldn't fault them at all. Good quick professional packing, no breakages. :thumbsup:
They use The Moving Company over this end and again no problems at all.
Would recommend them to anyone. :)