Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Perfect Husband

The Perfect Husband

Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:50 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Perfect Husband

The Perfect Husband

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A mobile phone on

a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker- function and

begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes"

WOMAN: "I'm at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat.

It's only £1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"

MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new

2007 models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: "How much?"

WOMAN: "£65,000."

MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing. The house we wanted last year

is back on the market. They're asking £950,000."

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer, but just offer £900,000."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you!"

MAN: "Bye, I love you, too."

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are looking at him
in astonishment.

Then he smiles and says:

"Anyone know whose phone this is?"
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:07 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Perfect Husband

Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:15 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:00 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:03 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

love it!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:20 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: The Perfect Husband

HaHa !!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
The Perfect Husband

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A mobile phone on

a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker- function and

begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes"

WOMAN: "I'm at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat.

It's only £1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"

MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new

2007 models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: "How much?"

WOMAN: "£65,000."

MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing. The house we wanted last year

is back on the market. They're asking £950,000."

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer, but just offer £900,000."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you!"

MAN: "Bye, I love you, too."

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are looking at him
in astonishment.

Then he smiles and says:

"Anyone know whose phone this is?"

There is an archetypal NZ "good keen man"

One evening, there is a knock on his front door - there is a policeman holding on to a "crim" by the scruff of his neck - "I caught him syphoning petrol out of your car, sir" The good keen man berates the policeman for trying to "do" someone who, if he needs to syphon petrol, needs a second-break. Policeman goes away and the "crim" thanks the good keen man for his tolerance. Good keen man replies " that's ok, it's not my car"