Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

pensions -moved to main forum

pensions -moved to main forum

Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:31 am
Just Joined

stevieb1007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pensions -moved to main forum

Hi all ,,,, looks like we are on the move to NZ at long last ....hooray !!........I think that it is a possibility that the in-laws are looking to move out there too .....They are both just at retirement age ..Could anyone offer any help or advice on getting there pension out there and the transfer of their cash and investments.....many thanks .....steve..
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pensions

Originally Posted by stevieb1007 View Post
Hi all ,,,, looks like we are on the move to NZ at long last ....hooray !!........I think that it is a possibility that the in-laws are looking to move out there too .....They are both just at retirement age ..Could anyone offer any help or advice on getting there pension out there and the transfer of their cash and investments.....many thanks .....steve..
hi steve,

sent you a pm with the personal details of a guy you should contact.

paul.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

leedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: pensions -moved to main forum

Pensions have to be transferred to a scheme that is approved by HMRC or you'll pay tax in the UK.

Personally I'd avoid any of the "pension transfer advisers" becuase no middleman ever does something for nothing! If your UK pensions are with one of the big providers (the likes of AXA for example) then I'd talk to them direct 'cos they'll probably have offices here anyway.

If not, I'd speak directly to a fund manager over here. I've not moved mine yet - I'm waiting for the dollar to weaken a bit, but I've got a Kiwisaver fund over here with Gareth Morgan and I'll probably move the UK stuff to him eventually.
See his details here http://www.gmk.co.nz/pages/content.a...T=UK%20pension