Pensions

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pensions

Sorry to hear about your hubby lou !
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:33 am
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Pensions

Originally Posted by Yotty
Sorry to hear about your hubby lou !
Yeah I think he's been probed!:rofl :
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:35 am
Account Closed

That might be just too much info!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:41 am
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yotty
That might be just too much info!

sorry
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

The offer seems quite clear- they will not be paying the employers contribution:

XXX does not have its own superannuation scheme. You may participate in KiwiSaver or
contribute to a private superannuation scheme.
If you choose not to opt out of KiwiSaver, your contribution will be deducted from your taxable salary and paid directly on your behalf to the IRD. Any employer contributions required to be made will be deducted from your taxable salary.
If you choose to opt out of KiwiSaver but to participate in a private superannuation scheme of your choice, XXX will contribute on your behalf an amount nominated by you from your taxable salary to the nominated scheme.
If you choose not to contribute to KiwiSaver nor any other superannuation scheme, your total taxable salary will be paid to you in full.

It may be a typo?

Mr Moomoo
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:35 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

From that, they're not contributing anything!

We asked if our place will be contributing anything on our behalf. The reply was "We will comply with the requirements". So no, basically!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moomoo
Mr Moomoo again- I have looked on Kiwi saver and it appears that there is to be a mandatory employer contribution of up to 4% by 2011. My job offer seems to suggest that this employers contribution will be deducted from my salary.........this can't be normal surely?

Mr Moomoo
Ask the employer to send you a Kiwisaver package (they are supposed to provide them for all employees).
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can download it from the IRD website http://www.ird.govt.nz/forms-guides/...info-pack.html) or search for the KS3 form if the link doesn't work.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: Pensions

" contributions will be deducted from your taxable salary" Moomoo does this mean you don't get tax relief on these payments?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it means that the contribution is calculated on the basis of my gross salary but I will get the tax relief from the Government
m
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:20 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

The compulsory payment by employers is an interesting one actually. It is not completely unlikely that over the next few years employers will start using the terms salary package even more than they do now to compensate for the amount they have to pay for kiwisaver and might possibly (possibly) not provide pay increases as readily.

Of course I use the term 'readily' that then realise that 4% is probably more than the 'increase' i got recently so I personally would still be better off!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:19 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

If you qualify for both which is best to take NZ Super (pension) or UK OAP