pensions

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Steve'N'Serena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pensions

Hi all
this is one that will not affect many of you (hopefully) but could i do with an answer (maybe one for Don???)
I am an ex-serviceman injured during the Falkland's and receive a war pension (makes me sound very ancient) Does any one know if i can still receive it in NZ and if so, is it still tax free as this would help to bump up our beleaguered income......................HELP!!!!
Cheers all
Steve
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:16 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pensions

Originally Posted by Steve'N'Serena
Hi all
this is one that will not affect many of you (hopefully) but could i do with an answer (maybe one for Don???)
I am an ex-serviceman injured during the Falkland's and receive a war pension (makes me sound very ancient) Does any one know if i can still receive it in NZ and if so, is it still tax free as this would help to bump up our beleaguered income......................HELP!!!!
Cheers all
Steve
Interesting one, Steve. I heard this one or similar on the Aus Forum and yes, in Aus it seems you can still get it tax free, don't know about NZ but probably it's similar.

Care to tell us in a nutshell about your experiences in the Falklands as I am interested to know more.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Steve'N'Serena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don
Interesting one, Steve. I heard this one or similar on the Aus Forum and yes, in Aus it seems you can still get it tax free, don't know about NZ but probably it's similar.

Care to tell us in a nutshell about your experiences in the Falklands as I am interested to know more.
Thanks Don, that's helpful, hope you are right!!!
I can tell you as much as you want to know....I was attached to the Gurkha rifles on the attack on two sisters, got FUBAR'd by an Argentinian with a sense of humour...got a gong for being in the wrong place, wrong time, there endeth my story.....well almost,.... we can chat more if all this doesn't make you lose the will to live!!!
If you find out anything else on war pensions i would be grateful
Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve'N'Serena; May 23rd 2005 at 8:20 pm.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:36 pm
enilorac

Thanks Don, that's helpful, hope you are right!!!
I can tell you as much as you want to know....I was attached to the Gurkha rifles on the attack on two sisters, got FUBAR'd by an Argentinian with a sense of humour...got a gong for being in the wrong place, wrong time, there endeth my story.....well almost,.... we can chat more if all this doesn't make you lose the will to live!!!
If you find out anything else on war pensions i would be grateful
Cheers
Steve
Oooh, go on Steve, I'm riveted...love a war hero...

what do you mean by 'attached' does that mean like SAS/MI5 - I love cloak and dagger/undercover stuff......

how's it going with you...haven't seen you posting for a while....

Caz

Old May 24th 2005, 5:21 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Fouled Up Beyond All Repair (polite form) How did that happen, then?
Old May 24th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Hi all
Cheers all
Steve
Don't quote me - but -as far as am aware UK pensions are transferable here?? Will check with our accountant. You have to re-invest them though with a pension here??
Will see what I can find out.
Shellie