British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Pension Transfer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/pension-transfer-928915/)

nick333 Oct 29th 2019 1:35 am

Pension Transfer

Hi,
Looking into the feasibility of transferring a couple of private pensions from UK to NZ. Appreciate there are big costs associated with this, and a number of companies offer the service. Just wondered if anyone had first hand experience and any recommendations for companies they have used. TIA.

BEVS Oct 29th 2019 3:33 am

Re: Pension Transfer

Originally Posted by nick333 (Post 12755552)
Hi,
Looking into the feasibility of transferring a couple of private pensions from UK to NZ. Appreciate there are big costs associated with this, and a number of companies offer the service. Just wondered if anyone had first hand experience and any recommendations for companies they have used. TIA.

Yes.

I would suggest you talk with ChC4me.
He's a good bloke and several here have used him so is tried and tested

I am in no way affiliated to him.

Justcol Oct 29th 2019 7:03 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12755571)
Yes.

I would suggest you talk with ChC4me.
He's a good bloke and several here have used him so is tried and tested

I am in no way affiliated to him.

I would second that, Dai did a great job for me earlier this year when I moved a couple of private pensions over.

escapedtonz Oct 29th 2019 8:53 am

I'll third the recommendation of Dai. He transferred our UK pensions over in to an NZ superann fund and he continues to manage our investment portfolio.
Great guy and team to deal with. Nothing any trouble and explains it in simple terms.
Dai can be found at :-
First Capital Financial Services
Level 5, 79 Cashel Street
P.O.Box 284, Christchurch 8140
Ph. 0800 525 515
www.firstcapital.co.nz

nick333 Oct 30th 2019 4:33 am

thank you for the replies, much appreciated. will make contact.

bga Nov 3rd 2019 10:43 pm

can't reccomend Tony from GBPensions highly enough, transferred 4 pensions for myself and the Mrs a few years ago, little to no hassle tansferring and they've doing quite nicely since :)

chc4me Nov 7th 2019 2:28 am

Wow, so much love here on British Expats, thank you!! I' haven't been as active on the boards in recent months, but BEV normally prompts me if there are any pension questions.
Always to happy to help.
chc4me

TWWW Jan 22nd 2020 2:34 am

Hi chc4me,

Could you private message me please? I'm not allowed to message til I've posted 3 times (2 to go!). I have a private pension with St James Place and I've just decided to move to Auckland. 99% sure it will be a permanent move. I've a fair bit of money in my pension so I'm a little bit bricking it about getting it wrong / exchange rates / Brexit

I fly back to London tomorrow to pack up 13 years of London living and move back over here permanently. I'm 39 so it'll be a while til I can actually claim my pension

chc4me Jan 23rd 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks for all the lovely comments! TWWW, you’ve got mail!