Pegasus Town?

Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pegasus Town?

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I like them . Those iPhones/Pods, Bang & Olufsen, FairTrade t-shirts, Dom Perignon, Rolex, Mini, Ray Ban and Jimmy Choo...all tacky middle class stuff I .
Not sure if you are a wannabe middle class member or have moved well past it.

Ipods are fantastic, and can really change how one reads, accesses media and information. If you don't have one and scron it what can you know?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:46 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Charismatic
<shivers> The “just add water” communities are coming to New Zealand as well? I love tacky middle class stuff like Range Rovers,flat screen TVs bigger than any picture in your house, Starbucks and Rodd & Gunn but even I think these are a loathsome abhorrence .
Good description, sounds like South East Queensland! One of the earlier versions of these, Springfield, now has big probs - all the kids who were moved there have become "youfs" who have nothing to do and nowhere to go. A friend bought an investment property there and her tenants are constantly telling her about drug labs in garages (one blew up and they got a brick in their yard) and gangs of bored teens roaming round...

On the other hand, she has gone and built herself another house in Augustine Heights

I don't see how you can force people to become a community. It's just commuter-ville - nobody actually works there so there is no heart to it as you might find in a real community. Interestingly I've read that the developers are talking about new stages incorporating plans for churches, girl guide huts etc in an effort to alleviate the probs that have come up in earlier versions. But which churches? Which community groups - isn't it strangely surreal to think that the developer will decide this, rather than it springing up from community desires/needs???

Perhaps it's just me, as SE Qld is one of the fastest growing regions of Australia, and people seem to be moving to these sorts of 'communities'. It gives me the heebie jeebies just driving round these massive 'burbs that were just bushland around the tip when I was a kid...they remind me of the council estates in the UK, just with bigger, nicer houses...but clearly they are giving the people what they want.

There are a few areas like this in Christchurch, not just Pegasus, but don't want to mention any in case ppl start getting excited - one thing that is for sure, residents are very passionate about these places, which perhaps in a way is a form of community???
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:48 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

My aunt lives in a similar place on the Gold Coast and it has been their life dream so really not trying to heckle anyone's lifestyle choices, just saying that it's definitely not for me!!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:43 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

There are loads of pictures showing the current state of Pegasus on Propertytalk (link).
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:33 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Pegasus Town?

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Not sure if you are a wannabe middle class member or have moved well past it.

Ipods are fantastic, and can really change how one reads, accesses media and information. If you don't have one and scron it what can you know?
Actually I’m being a little unfair, I had one of the early ones but gave it to my younger sister and got one more compatible with Windows.

I consider myself working class (because I work for a living) but the boundaries of class are a bit vague.
Originally Posted by cypherpunk
There are loads of pictures showing the current state of Pegasus on Propertytalk (link).
Did they let people buy the sections without forcing them to build a house within a time frame of purchase? Something which strikes me as peculiar is how small the sections seem to be on the built subdivisions; surely part of the point of having a new subdivision is also having a nice big section to have your landscape artist make pretty for you? I can only assume that Banzai gardens will be very popular.
Originally Posted by saoghalbeag
nobody actually works there so there is no heart to it as you might find in a real community. Interestingly I've read that the developers are talking about new stages incorporating plans for churches, girl guide huts etc in an effort to alleviate the probs that have come up in earlier versions. But which churches? Which community groups - isn't it strangely surreal to think that the developer will decide this, rather than it springing up from community desires/needs???
Actually that is a very good point, if you were going to build a town from scratch I’d want a retail centre and business district, just building a group of houses with some coffee shops and a New World isn’t really going to allure me to a place. People need businesses to work for and own, just like in a real town (uhh...if you see what I mean by “real town” ).

Also being frank I shouldn’t imagine Christchurch will be short of empty sections for sale for a while now.