British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Pegagsus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/pegagsus-628076/)

Perry Groves Aug 28th 2009 8:44 pm

Pegagsus

Anyone have any info on the new town Pegasus?

P2L Aug 29th 2009 1:35 am

Re: Pegagsus

Originally Posted by Perry Groves (Post 7884675)

You looked at this yet?

http://www.pegasustown.com/construction/

Not my cup of tea tbh with you; too built up on the plans I've seen for it and commuting from that side of Christchurch when it is fully housed will be a nightmare

Celticknight Aug 29th 2009 6:43 am

We drove around this site in May of this year.

All we found were were rows of grass areas between paved roadways marked with pegs to show what Plots are for sale. There were only a few Show Homes onsite to look at.

These plots are very close together too.

It seems if you buy a plot it will take a while before it gets built, then as others get bought around you, one big building site that will go for a long time.

Ian,

Jo-Chris Aug 29th 2009 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 7885797)
We drove around this site in May of this year.

All we found were were rows of grass areas between paved roadways marked with pegs to show what Plots are for sale. There were only a few Show Homes onsite to look at.

These plots are very close together too.

It seems if you buy a plot it will take a while before it gets built, then as others get bought around you, one big building site that will go for a long time.

Ian,

We had a viewing around Pegasus in Feb this year. At that point there were about 10 houses and they were just building the lagoon! Very interesting but not for us! Do go and see the model of the site in Christchurch its really impressive!

Yotty Aug 29th 2009 8:58 pm

North of the Waimak would not be for me ... Tai Tapu would be a lot better!:):)

CAN2NZ Sep 1st 2009 10:11 am

You know most houses in chch are on about 650 squares. I am not sure of the sites at Pegasus, but I saw lots for sale in the 700 to 800 square size. I like the road into the township with the two rows of trees. I think that it will be quite a nice spot when it is all finished. As for going into chch once it is built up? Well, I can't say I can predict the traffic patterns, but I drive from Rangiora and don't currenlty find it any trouble at all. Pegasus is about the same distance. So, I think that it will look quite nice all finished in the next couple of years. Some of the sites on the islands look very good but are quite expensive. It is certainly going to be interesting to see it all done. I think they are laying the grass for the golf course this week.

hazeandsteve Sep 1st 2009 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 7885797)
... one big building site that will go for a long time.
Ian,

Up here, there only ever seems to be a couple of houses on the go at any one time. Hardly Dusseldorf in auf Weidersehn...

P2L Sep 1st 2009 7:35 pm

The map on this link shows just how built up it will be when this stage is completed

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-pr...-236635626.htm

There will be 7000 residential properties in Pegasus so I think its ineviatable that there will be an increase traffic. Looking at the plans, while there are some sections that are 900sqm, which is a good size, there are also lots, particularly towards the middle of the town that are on 500sqm! Very small by New Zealand standards.

Psychopandy Sep 1st 2009 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 7894629)
Up here, there only ever seems to be a couple of houses on the go at any one time. Hardly Dusseldorf in auf Weidersehn...

Auf weidersein pet - now thaat could be a thread all of its own.

we have box sets to bring over :thumbup:- ive heard the telly there is crap :thumbdown:
Allways up for a night in with the lads x:thumbsup:

hjmilligan Sep 1st 2009 10:57 pm

A few houses on the site now,gonna be a few years yet before its built up and i am sure the traffic will increase but i travel to CHC everyday and its a cruise compared to my journeys that i used to do to Reading back in the UK!! :(
Husband last week went and painted the boat that they have sank for the lake,its for the divers apparently to swim in and out of!!

Will be quite impressive when finished in about 5-7 years!!

alanmacc Sep 2nd 2009 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Perry Groves (Post 7884675)

Pegasus is to the north of Chch what Rolleston is to the south the main diff is that rolly has had a lot of yeard head start and now has a pretty good community out there.
Pegasus has had a few problems one of which is the foundations out there having to be deeper than normal to get a good solid footing, personally driving through there on a daily basis would be a nightmare its busy just now never mind when its all finished.

And if you look at the land prices and comparable distances tap, rolly, lincon ect are better value for money, im not dissing it though it sounds like I am, I have no doubt it will be great when finished

CAN2NZ Sep 2nd 2009 1:32 am

I don't think that you could compare Rolleston to what Pegasus is to be. I don't live in either place so don't have a particular axe to grind, but to my taste, Rolleston is just a subdivision built around a playing field bordered by a shopping arcade. Pegasus will have a golf course, hot pools and wave pool, hotel, a nice town centre, a marina, beach, all things totally unavailable in Rolleston.

As for North Canterbury, well I live in North Canterbury. I happen to like it out here and trips to Christchurch on the mortorway and then through town are not that bad. If I go towards QE2 in the morning, I have about 6 minutes of traffic jam. If I go to the University, there is not issue at all except negotiating school traffic.

Cycling, beach, public amenities, the first set of mountains running at 1,000 meters, are all in very close proximity.

So, yeah, I like it out here. It is nice and lacks the business of the city. I don't know Lincoln, but here it is nice.