Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pattinsons here in Auckland

Pattinsons here in Auckland

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough
Default Pattinsons here in Auckland

Hi all, we have finally arrived and are for the time being here on Aucklands North Shore in Milford. We should have gone to Chch, but luckily for us we had arranged a 3 day stoppover in LA otherwise we would have landed in Chch on the day of the big earthquake. So we have been in Auckland for about 3 weeks now and loving it. The company my husband works for have their head office here in Auckland. My husband is a civil eng (ironically the project he was going to look after was to re-build Chch from the September earthquake). The company have won a very large project in Lake Taupo, so in June we will re relocating there instead of Chch. Me and the kids dont want to go to Chch anymore.

If anyone from the forum is from the Milford area, it would be great to meet up. The kids (9 and 6) have just started at school and loving it. We also have an older daughter (18) who is here but waiting to go to uni.

We are all loving NZ, its just such a lovely place and wish we had moved years ago. Just need to make some friends - feeling a bit like 'Billy no mates' !!

Also any tips on best places to buy kids clothes at reasonable prices - thanks
Andrea, Dave, Kelly, Emm and Ben
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:30 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice
Default Re: Pattinsons here in Auckland

Hi Andrea
If you can hang on 2 weeks we arrive on 5th April and will definitely be keen to meet up. We are early 40s, and 2 boys 10 and 8. We've lived in akld before so have some friends there already but I haven't forgotten what the first few weeks were like when we arrived and realised the only people we knew in the whole country was each other!

We are looking to live on the shore anywhere within commuting distance to the city as I have got a job in the cbd. I'm interested to know your experiences with schools/ houses- do you mind if I PM you?

Look forward to meeting up soon!
Nik
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pattinsons here in Auckland

have replied to you both on meet up section, welcome!

For childrens clothes try Falmers especially in sale, Warehouse, Postie plus is good for basis especially for school, JK Kids, pumpkin patch although can be expensive,
for lads try Halestines or if you want to try mail order I can recommend a shop in Wellington called Eureka (not cheap, but good bargins in sale ) but very hard wearing for lads and I now believe girls 8-17/18