Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Patience - whats that then???

Patience - whats that then???

Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:03 am
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough
Question Patience - whats that then???

[F][/FONT]well, here I sit - looking on Expat site, ordering 'where to live in Auckland' books, and looking sadly at my 'for sale' sign outside the house....
I have NEVER been known for my patience in anything - if i wanted something, i needed it yesterday..... and i truly believed when i first applied in december last year, that by now we would be settled, and i would be working in North shore hospital - my job there should have started 4th Aug...
the kids said goodbye to their school mates at the start of the 6 week hol - and had to say hello again to them at the start of the new school term...with many explanations as to why they are still in this country - I am fed up of explaining to my work friends why i have not yet left, and when i might be going...
what can i say? i have my ITA here with me - all completed, even down to the photo's stapled in place ( - oh, and if you could have seen the blood!!! - i cannot be trusted with a stapler) our police checks are there, even our medicals.... but where are my acceptance papers from the NZ nursing council??? have had nothing but delays and problems - they have lost paperwork, denied having any of my references (so had to repeat everything...) and now wont accept that the NMC - our nursing governing body, have said i am really really a nurse - they need to know how many theoretical hours i did in my training (umm, well, that was in 1982, and as schools only keep records for 6 years...) so there is more of a delay while i have to get back in touch with the NMC and see if they have records of training dating back to the dark ages..... (count to 10......)
I look at the rising prices for flights at NZ airlines.... and want to cry, but instead just book more overtime at work!!
i am a cup half full person - and work on the assumption that if a thing is worth having, then its going to be worth all the trouble to get it - we are going to appreciate it all a lot more... but WHY did the housing market have to crash right now??? there is also a huge influx of rental properties - so i might have to work overtime in NZ to pay for my rent there and mortgage here... it is going to be worth it all (now repeat that 10 times...)
ok, have got it ALL off my chest - am going to have a coffee and a lot of chocolate, that makes EVERYTHING better....
let me know if anyone else is having as much fun with emigrating as we are - oh, by 'we' i mean myself, hubby 4 kids and mad dog (so finding a rental property is going to be fun too - ha ha)
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patience - whats that then???

And here I was thinking I was having a bad day!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your experiences, I bet your laughing all the way!

Hope all goes your way soon.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patience - whats that then???

Poor you - what a bummer having to go through all that. Still you can't do anything about the state of the housing market can you so that's not your fault. You just have to accept that it is the same everywhere. I believe everything happens for reason. It will all become clear once you are here. Perhaps the delay is because your dream home is not ready for you yet and if you were here now you would miss out on it and get something else!!!! Yes I know poor excuse eh but that is what I tell myself when things don;t go the way I want them too LOL!!! Have another bar of choccy and play the waiting game. It's the best excuse I know for when things don't go to plan! Sorry I can't be of much more help! Hope all works out for your soon.