passport question

Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default passport question

i have 6 years left on my current passport , oh has 2 years and4 months left on his but little one only has 1 year 3 months on his, we are going on a wtr visa , just filling in forms now and wondered if i have to get a new passport for little one as it says passport has to have at least 2 years onit from the date you enter nz, but we wont be comming back ( hopefully) so should i just put his current passport details on it??as it could take ages for a new passport to arrive and i dont want to wait much longer!!

also oh cant find birth cert do we need it for immi as it doesnt ask for it any wher???
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

in_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nice
Default Re: passport question

Hi,

WRT to renewing your little one's passport, if you use the "Check & Send" service you should have it back within 2 weeks. I recently (in the last 6 weeks) renewed mine and both my daughters' and had a new one issued for my son - all came back within 2 weeks, actually had my son's in a week .

At the moment it's a quet period for the Passport office so you should be OK, however if this was June/July, then it would probably take longer.

Sorry don't know about the birth cert OTTOMH - but I wouldn't be surprised if you did need it. A certified copy is relatively easy to get hold of - IRC all you need to do is contact the registrar and request one.

Good Luck.

Last edited by in_denial; Mar 4th 2008 at 2:30 pm. Reason: spilling????
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gina and danny View Post
i have 6 years left on my current passport , oh has 2 years and4 months left on his but little one only has 1 year 3 months on his, we are going on a wtr visa , just filling in forms now and wondered if i have to get a new passport for little one as it says passport has to have at least 2 years onit from the date you enter nz, but we wont be comming back ( hopefully) so should i just put his current passport details on it??as it could take ages for a new passport to arrive and i dont want to wait much longer!!

also oh cant find birth cert do we need it for immi as it doesnt ask for it any wher???
Hi - I needed a new passport for my little girl. It can back in 2 weeks and 2 days - just on a standard service.
As for birth certificate, you will need it at some point and it will need to be the full one - ie with both parents names on. They cost £10 and you can order them online.
www.gov-certificates.co.uk
Ours took about 4 weeks to come back.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

been onto the passport office,

i cant renew little ones parrport because it has to have 9mth or less left on it before i can reneew it, makes sense but that doesnt help me!!
so there advice was to carry on with the passport he has and when it gets near the time of it running out apply for a five year extension on it. and thats free which is also good, just hope that nzis understand.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

in_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nice

Originally Posted by gina and danny View Post
been onto the passport office,

i cant renew little ones parrport because it has to have 9mth or less left on it before i can reneew it, makes sense but that doesnt help me!!
so there advice was to carry on with the passport he has and when it gets near the time of it running out apply for a five year extension on it. and thats free which is also good, just hope that nzis understand.

THAT INFO IS WRONG !!!! I can't believe the jokers at the passport office :curse:

You can renew your passport at any time, however you can only "carry-over" a maximum of 9 months "unused" time to your new passport.

Both my daughter's old passports (issued on the same day) had around 12 months plus to run when I had them renewed - no problem.

IIRC the free 5 year extension only applies in certain cases;
"You can get a free extension to 10 years from the original date of issue if you hold a five-year child passport issued on or before 26 March 1998, and your details (for example, your name) have not changed. If you have already had this free extension, you should now apply for a renewal passport."

More info here;
http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-child.asp

HTH
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

The joker probably didn't grasp the emigrating bit and the need for a particular validity on the passport. No NZIS will not understand...NZIS gets what it demands basically.
Compared to other countries UK bureacracy is actually very flexible and often efficient, particularly with internet-based services but if you get the wrong idiot on the phone....it can be a nightmare...never take no for an answer is my tip.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thankyou all for warning me, i have now arranged an appointment for this tues morning to go and get his passport by premium service,

thank god i posted what they said on here or else i could have been up the creek without a paddle.

just goes to show its best to ask even if you think you have been told off someone else, always get a second opinion

i cant thank you guys enough

gina
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saritabear View Post
Hi - . They cost £10 and you can order them online.
www.gov-certificates.co.uk
Ours took about 4 weeks to come back.
No don't use them.Write directly to the Registry office you were registered at,give them as much detail as you can.You can find addresses on web and email questions about cost etc. Did mine and OH, different offices. Cost only 7 pound each and back within a week. Note it has to be a full copy not the little one.
Worth doing for when it is asked for. Good luck