Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Passport photos....

Passport photos....

Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Passport photos....

do they really cost $20 for a set of 8 photos?!!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport photos....

Originally Posted by keeny
do they really cost $20 for a set of 8 photos?!!
Don't know don't have to renew mine till next year!!!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

They are a bit pricey.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:34 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Mine cost $18 for 6. There aren't any photo booths here, I got mine done in the local photography shop. Unfortunately next time I need some will be a few years time when I renew my passport and I doubt I will be able to get away with using the ones I have now and have no use for
If you have a photo printer I don't see any reason why you couldn't do them at home for a lot less. We don't have one or I would have done that.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

bigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nice

We do ours at home, and have done for at least 5 or 6 years now. All you need is a digital camera, and a white background. As long as you adhere to the rules for the photo, there's no need to ay extortionate amounts of money.

Take the photo, take the memory stick down to wherever there's a machine to print off photos. There's usually an option to print off as passport photo-sized.

If not, there's free software on the net that you can use to turn your photo into a passport photo size when you do print it off.

You can usually print off 1 photo for 20c or 30c. Much cheaper than $20!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigjohnny7
We do ours at home, and have done for at least 5 or 6 years now. All you need is a digital camera, and a white background. As long as you adhere to the rules for the photo, there's no need to ay extortionate amounts of money.

Take the photo, take the memory stick down to wherever there's a machine to print off photos. There's usually an option to print off as passport photo-sized.

If not, there's free software on the net that you can use to turn your photo into a passport photo size when you do print it off.

You can usually print off 1 photo for 20c or 30c. Much cheaper than $20!
bugger! why didn't I think of that before! Trying to get a passport sized photo of my 22 month old is not going to be an easy task she screamed blue murder when we tried to get her to sit on the stool in the pharmacy the other day. I'd just be worried of the photo not being acceptable if I took it myself, not meeting the requirements.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

bigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nice

Good luck!

At least if you try it at home, she might be a bit more relaxed and might even stay still for a few moments.

It still amazes me that babies need passport photos!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

did mine at the weekend the machine I used had an option for foriegn passport photos and NZ passport photos, as this was for my IRRV I chose NZ and I could manipulate the photo to get head lined up in target area required, total for 3 of us 4 photos each $1.20!