Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

passport expiring & travel back to UK

passport expiring & travel back to UK

Old Aug 8th 2013, 5:45 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport expiring & travel back to UK

Originally Posted by keeny
No worries Pippa - will have to face this next year myself. DD was also only a newborn (9 days old, we drove down to a passport office and got it rushed through as we had to travel asap, she was meant to be born in NZ but came early) when her passport was issued in UK. She is 4 now, so hers will expire June next year, if we are still here then I would be asking the same question again.
Ill let you know what's happened with my little ones passport. Thanks. :
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:16 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keeny
No worries Pippa - will have to face this next year myself. DD was also only a newborn (9 days old, we drove down to a passport office and got it rushed through as we had to travel asap, she was meant to be born in NZ but came early) when her passport was issued in UK. She is 4 now, so hers will expire June next year, if we are still here then I would be asking the same question again.
Got an update from my lovely english friend who works for the passport office. I can't do my daughters passport in England as we are not living there at the time of issue. the form says you must be residing in the UK at that time. Looks like we will have to try to save. We also have the problem of not knowing anyone over here for the 2years that is required. I wonder if I have a handbag big enough to hide my daughter in for the flight home only joking guys.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Got an update from my lovely english friend who works for the passport office. I can't do my daughters passport in England as we are not living there at the time of issue. the form says you must be residing in the UK at that time. Looks like we will have to try to save. We also have the problem of not knowing anyone over here for the 2years that is required. I wonder if I have a handbag big enough to hide my daughter in for the flight home only joking guys.
That's a difficult one...perhaps someone like a JP could sign them..they do it for free here where I am...perhaps check it out with them....a JP has signed my kids citizenship forms and she didn't know them....worth a try.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
We also have the problem of not knowing anyone over here for the 2years that is required.
It's no biggie.

The form says: 'If you are unable to provide a counter signature, because you have recently moved to the country of application or are short-term visitors, provided our consular staff have no doubts regarding your identity you may not need to provide a counter signature.

Proof of identity may include your previous passport bearing a photograph showing that you are clearly the same person, or any other photographic ID may be acceptable. You must enclose a letter with your application explaining why you are unable to provide a counter signatory and enclosing your additional ID documents.'

Old Aug 9th 2013, 8:32 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Thanks for the info guys. Xxx
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

I hope you guys dont mind me butting in also, i have a little passport question, i think your answers would be more opinion than fact but that is ok as i cant find any helpful facts out there anyway x

So the question is....

My 15 year olds passport runs out on 4th october.... He turns 16 on the 4th of december.... 8 1/2 weeks difference.

I dont want him to get another 5 year passport, but i dont want to be without a valid passport for him either.....so

If i apply for an adult passport for him now, so he has his new one by the time his old one would run out.... Is the passport office likely to refuse his application till he's 2 weeks off his 16th birthday?

Any helpful opinions would be great.

thanks
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:37 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
I hope you guys dont mind me butting in also, i have a little passport question, i think your answers would be more opinion than fact but that is ok as i cant find any helpful facts out there anyway x

So the question is....

My 15 year olds passport runs out on 4th october.... He turns 16 on the 4th of december.... 8 1/2 weeks difference.

I dont want him to get another 5 year passport, but i dont want to be without a valid passport for him either.....so

If i apply for an adult passport for him now, so he has his new one by the time his old one would run out.... Is the passport office likely to refuse his application till he's 2 weeks off his 16th birthday?

Any helpful opinions would be great.

thanks
I would ring the passport office or go to the post office and ask them. They will have all of the facts.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:37 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would wait the 8wks before applying for the new one unless you plan to fly any where if you can't apply for the adult one
Old Aug 29th 2013, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

I think in to go to the States you have to have 6 months on your visa, so if you are going via the USA you may need to have that time left. Though I am not sure how it works if you are only going to be in transit?