Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

passport advice please

passport advice please

Old May 9th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of
Default passport advice please

Hi all, couple of questions for you:

My passport expires in 2010. We're just completing our EOI at the moment and we expect it to take 12 months as we have 150 points but no job offer, plus we're expecting a baby in July so our focus on applications may be diverted a bit. So I'll only have 12 months on mine when we ship out to NZ.

People say it is best to have as much time on your passport as possible - why exactly is that?

Is it worth getting a new one now or should I get one for when we get the ITA assuming that that is ok with NZIS? My little girl's passport runs out in 2011 - should we get her a new one as well? She's only 3 so is on a 5 yr passport. Obviously we can't get the new baby's passport until after July but NZIS say it is fine to add junior to our application at any time and I want to get cracking on our application before the haze of sleep deprivation kicks-in!

Thanks!
Old May 9th 2008, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future
Default Re: passport advice please

I would renew yours now and have as long as possible as you will have to pay for new visas stickers to go in new british passports in 12/24 months for yours which can add up. I am not sure how much but apply for passports overseas and new visa stickers does get pricing from what I have been told. cheaper to renew now and pay one lot of visa fees.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zoej
I would renew yours now and have as long as possible as you will have to pay for new visas stickers to go in new british passports in 12/24 months for yours which can add up. I am not sure how much but apply for passports overseas and new visa stickers does get pricing from what I have been told. cheaper to renew now and pay one lot of visa fees.
would agree just makes everything simpler to get a passport now, if you want to apply for citizenship, which can be done after 4 years in NZ, your passports will still be in date (if you time it right)and will therefore cost alot less to apply. Just a thought for the future?
Old May 9th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

Thanks Zoe and Liza Jane! I'll get it in the post next week