Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Partying in Whakatane

Partying in Whakatane

Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Linsylou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partying in Whakatane

Hi my name is Lindsey and expected day of arrival to NZ is 10th January 2007 from UK! Can't wait! Will be travelling with hubby and 9 year old daughter, but don't let that put you off we're partY people really! Anything happening in Whakatane in the New Year at all? Is there anybody out there in Whakatane? Helloooooooooooooooooo............................ ....

Last edited by Linsylou; Nov 27th 2006 at 9:01 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all
Default Re: Partying in Whakatane

Originally Posted by Linsylou
Hi my name is Lindsey and expected day of arrival to NZ is 10th January 2007 from UK! Can't wait! Will be travelling with hubby and 9 year old daughter, but don't let that put you off we're partY people really! Anything happening in Whakatane in the New Year at all? Is there anybody out there in Whakatane? Helloooooooooooooooooo............................ ....
Hi Lindsey, I'm in Wellington - seems to be a deafening silence from Whakatane - maybe they're all partied out! Any particular reason you're headed for Whakatane?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Hi Lindsey, I'm in Wellington - seems to be a deafening silence from Whakatane - maybe they're all partied out! Any particular reason you're headed for Whakatane?

Hi Wellington!

Got offered a job which is very much in my 'comfort zone', but we had chosen Bay of Plenty beforehand. Future employer and wifey seem to be quite nice and I am looking forward to working for them.

Not alot of response from there though!?!

Were you bored in WELLINGTON?

Linsylou
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Were you bored in WELLINGTON?

Linsylou
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Hi, we live in Whakatane. My partner is due to give birth on the 13th Jan so no partying for us for a while. There are quite alot of Brits here though. Lots of really friendly people here. Nightlife is a bit steady though. But its still a nice place to live. Fantastic climate and quite a laid back life.

Good luck with your move and hope you enjoy it here.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Hi ...........I meant did you have no one to talk to in Wellington!

Have you seen? I've had a reply from someone in Whakatane! There is life there after all!

Lindsey
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Hooray! Partyin people! Hey, I'll look you up when we get there!!!! More party pleeeeease!!!

Dave
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lizard
Hi, we live in Whakatane. My partner is due to give birth on the 13th Jan so no partying for us for a while. There are quite alot of Brits here though. Lots of really friendly people here. Nightlife is a bit steady though. But its still a nice place to live. Fantastic climate and quite a laid back life.

Good luck with your move and hope you enjoy it here.
Hi! Glad to see there is life in Whakatane..............not that you'll be partying for a while! Is it your first sprog? Trying to get away from the Brits! Only joking glad to hear there is someone there to talk to!
I haven't heard of the Cheddar Valley....where abouts is that? I keep going on google earth and moseying around though. I'll be working in the Kope Barbers shop in Whakatane so call in for a good British haircut - that's if you've any hair left by the time the baby arrives! :scared: Good luck to you all on the impending birth! Linsylou x
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paladin
Hooray! Partyin people! Hey, I'll look you up when we get there!!!! More party pleeeeease!!!

Dave
Hi! Are you settling in Whakatane then too? All anyone asks me is why Whakatane!!!!!!! Is that arriving in Sept 2007? Wow that's a long way a way.......... I do like these little icony thingys! But then again I'm sad! What are you going to do in NZ then?
Linsylou
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Hi! Are you settling in Whakatane then too? All anyone asks me is why Whakatane!!!!!!! Is that arriving in Sept 2007? Wow that's a long way a way.......... I do like these little icony thingys! But then again I'm sad! What are you going to do in NZ then?
Linsylou
Currency trading, Scuba instructor and general partying!!!!!

Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

Hi
Not that I know of but have you been to Whakatane and do you know how they pronounce it .Well it always makes me smile because it sounds a bit rude.I have been to Ohope camp site just past Whakatane and it seemed a nice enough place, you will proably go past Mata which was flatten by heavy rain about a year ago.If you get a chance come to Tauranga especially the Mount beach as it is really beautiful.Good luck in your new life and welcome to NZ on the 10th of Jan it should be pretty warm then.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orca05
Hi
Not that I know of but have you been to Whakatane and do you know how they pronounce it .Well it always makes me smile because it sounds a bit rude.
Isn't the "wh" sound pronounced as an "f"?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orca05
Hi
Not that I know of but have you been to Whakatane and do you know how they pronounce it .Well it always makes me smile because it sounds a bit rude.I have been to Ohope camp site just past Whakatane and it seemed a nice enough place, you will proably go past Mata which was flatten by heavy rain about a year ago.If you get a chance come to Tauranga especially the Mount beach as it is really beautiful.Good luck in your new life and welcome to NZ on the 10th of Jan it should be pretty warm then.
My maiden aunt visited a few years ago - stayed with us in Wellington and then went on to distant cousin in Whakatane - which she pronounced as whacker-tain - I told her, sorry, it's pronounced f***er-ta-neigh - she blanched at that!! Couple of days later, we took her to a friend's brunch do and I overheard a kiwi ask her where she was going next? Her response was - I'm visiting relatives in ........... the North!