Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Partnership Visa Medical

Partnership Visa Medical

Old Oct 13th 2020, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute
Default Partnership Visa Medical

Hi There All,

I've been pulling together all the documents so we can apply for my partnership / spouse visa in the next few weeks once my various police checks come through.

Hubs and I have been together 16 years and have lived out of NZ the entire time we've been together. The medical section of the application is only indicating I need a chest x-ray. Obviously I'll only be getting the medical once all other documents are ready to go. I had expected with me being eligible for permanent residency that they'd ask for a more comprehensive medical than that. Or is that something that happens later??

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old Oct 16th 2020, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Framps69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership Visa Medical

Hi,
There are two medicals, one a comprehensive one and the other a more limited one, but if you are applying for a partnership visa you only have to have the limited one. My wife had hers at the Little Aston Hospital in Sutton Coldfield two years ago and it involved a chest x ray, a urine sample and a blood sample, and a series of questions about medical history. I think from arriving at the hospital to when we left was about an hour and a half. My wife did say that they were really hot on ID, so at every single stage of the medical she had to show her passport.
The results go direct to NZ immigration, so you give the hospital your immigration application number and they send them on, you don’t have to send them. You will receive a copy of the report, though, which in our case came through in the post just under a month after the medical.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old Oct 16th 2020, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partnership Visa Medical

Thank you Mark - I thought I'd need more of a medical than just a chest x-ray. That's helpful, thanks so much.