Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Partnership visa help

Partnership visa help

Old May 15th 2017, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Stubager is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partnership visa help

Hey guys I have a problem I'm currently in NZ with my partner who is a Kiwi.. I put my visa in on the date it was out for the reason of looking for a house,Bad weather closing the office and a bank holiday.. and I got put on a section 61 which I have since retracted it and am flying back to the UK to re apply!! My question is how likely would it be for them to refuse me as me and my girlfriend have pictures,emails of booking for trips away,birthday cards from my family and have had a joint bank for 2+ years plus stayed together in the same house with just us on the lease for 2+ years and share bills which both of our names are on... I know they say have a stable relationship which I feel it is plus this would be our 4th visa together and I will be paying rent while I'm away!!

Thanks
Old May 15th 2017, 3:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Partnership visa help

Your post is a little bit muddling.

Originally Posted by Stubager
I put my visa in on the date it was out for the reason of looking for a house.
Bad weather closing the office and a bank holiday..
and I got put on a section 61 which I have since retracted it and am flying back to the UK to re apply!!
What visa were you on?
Do you mean you overstayed after the visa expired?

Yes. Best that you leave and reapply .

If you have been in a stable long term relationship for more than a year there should not be a problem , although I am a little confused why you had not already applied for a partnership visa .
Old May 15th 2017, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Stubager is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership visa help

Originally Posted by BEVS
Your post is a little bit muddling.

What visa were you on?
Do you mean you overstayed after the visa expired?

Yes. Best that you leave and reapply .

If you have been in a stable long term relationship for more than a year there should not be a problem , although I am a little confused why you had not already applied for a partnership visa .
Hi mate yeah we have had 3 partnership visa's together and this would be our fourth one but it was a day late as we were moving house and trying to find a house in Auckland which is a stress in on of itself!! So I am leaving NZ but still paying rent while I'm in the UK and me and my partner have been in a relationship for over 3 years now with all joint bank statements going back as far as 2015 January plus leases of houses from as far back as 2014