Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Parking ticket advice please

Parking ticket advice please

Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Parking ticket advice please

Hi all,

Parked my car at Westfield mall in henderson one day at 0855 in a 240min park. I was ticketed at 0905 as being "unauthorised parking". I went into the mall but didnt buy anything. I appealed and theyre asking for a receipt as proof - aint gonna happen. Any ideas (that might work)

cheers
Old Sep 29th 2012, 2:26 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking ticket advice please

Have you checked the Terms and Conditions? Do you actually have to buy something? Or is it enough to enter the mall for example?

CCTV would be the one avenue, but I not sure how easy it would be to access that type of footage.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

A bit naughty but.... Go into one of the quieter sores like a kiosk in the mall, say you we're in the store on the date of the ticket, but you forgot to get a receipt and you need one for work for gst purposes, you also can't remember how much you spent but think it was around fifty dollars,
They will search the till for the date you require and print you a receipt off with
That date on it. I did this last month and it worked a treat,
It's ridiculous that you have to have bought something, mine was also at a Westfield that I was only at for half an hour at most.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 5:44 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

So are tickets being issued on the basis that all people are illegally parked until they appeal and show a receipt?
This needs to go to Fair Go methinks!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 8:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

not sure which Westfield you were at but looking on their website they state.

"You will receive two hours free parking with proof of purchase (a minimum of $5.00"

that was for the NewMarket one but when I looked on the Albany site it states.
"We offer FOUR hours free parking for all our shoppers."

Have a look on the link for the one you went to and see their parking details

http://www.westfield.co.nz/nz/
Old Sep 30th 2012, 4:01 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Henderson apparently.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 6:38 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
Hi all,

Parked my car at Westfield mall in henderson one day at 0855 in a 240min park. I was ticketed at 0905 as being "unauthorised parking". I went into the mall but didnt buy anything. I appealed and theyre asking for a receipt as proof - aint gonna happen. Any ideas (that might work)

cheers
So ticketed 10mins after parking??? Could (perhaps) understand if you had obviously gone elsewhere than into the Mall but 10mins isn't time to buy anything at all....
Old Sep 30th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Happened to someone here in Wellington cos she parked her car then went across the road to the bank before going back to the mall. They have spies watching everything. Did you go somewhere else after parking?
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Happened to someone here in Wellington cos she parked her car then went across the road to the bank before going back to the mall. They have spies watching everything. Did you go somewhere else after parking?
nope. went str8 to the mall
Old Sep 30th 2012, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

esperanzaisabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

cheers
Hi zaras dad,

So sorry to hear your experience. I must be careful next time then as I often go to the mall for more than 1 hour without purchasing anything. It happened to my friend, she parked in the mall and went straight across the street to buy something then she went back to the mall to do her grocery shopping. When she returned to her car she found a ticket. She appealed and got asked for proof of receipts but she didn't keep the receipt so she went back to the mall and asked a print out of her receipt. Few weeks later she received another letter from the parking ticket company saying that she didn't have to pay for it. Thank god

So maybe just try to go to one of the shops in the mall and ask for a receipt it might work

By the way i read your older post in 2010 but the thread already closed and I could not reply. Here it is http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664742

<snip personal info>

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 1st 2012 at 12:27 am. Reason: Not a good idea to put up personal info on an open forum. cheers
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:07 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Henderson apparently.
ooppps only just reread the first post and saw, anyway hope my link helped
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by esperanzaisabella
Hi zaras dad,

So sorry to hear your experience. I must be careful next time then as I often go to the mall for more than 1 hour without purchasing anything. It happened to my friend, she parked in the mall and went straight across the street to buy something then she went back to the mall to do her grocery shopping. When she returned to her car she found a ticket. She appealed and got asked for proof of receipts but she didn't keep the receipt so she went back to the mall and asked a print out of her receipt. Few weeks later she received another letter from the parking ticket company saying that she didn't have to pay for it. Thank god

So maybe just try to go to one of the shops in the mall and ask for a receipt it might work

By the way i read your older post in 2010 but the thread already closed and I could not reply. Here it is http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664742

<snip personal info>
I have re-opened the thread and copied your post over to it.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

well...................after emailling the parking enforcement services for a 2nd time , I got a letter from them saying the fine will be waived

woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

well...................after emailling the parking enforcement services for a 2nd time , I got a letter from them saying the fine will be waived

woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done! Perseverance paid off