Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

park&ride north shore bus service

park&ride north shore bus service

Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:34 pm

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Question park&ride north shore bus service

have been looking at north shore area's ..... takapuna,campbells bay,rothesay etc but would need to commute into the city ...... had a look at the websites re. monthly passes etc but couldn't find cost of parking at the stations or info about journey times on the bus etc ........ does anyone have any first hand knowledge of commuting from this area by the bus into town .....many thanks.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:54 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: park&ride north shore bus service

www.maxx.co.nz

mostly depends on your intended arrival time.
those car parks fill up fast as they are too small (same the world over!).
travel times are far better than they used to be now the bus lane is in.

where do you need to be in the City and when do you need to arrive?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
www.maxx.co.nz

mostly depends on your intended arrival time.
those car parks fill up fast as they are too small (same the world over!).
travel times are far better than they used to be now the bus lane is in.

where do you need to be in the City and when do you need to arrive?
hi,i guess i would want to be in cbd area by 8:00 - 8:30 am latest so i guess i would be getting on bus at 7:15 - 7:30 am ........... cheers
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:18 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisycutter
hi,i guess i would want to be in cbd area by 8:00 - 8:30 am latest so i guess i would be getting on bus at 7:15 - 7:30 am ........... cheers
car park might be full by then - why not live on the Hibiscus Coast and forget the shore - by the time you get to the park and ride from campbells bay you might as well commute further from somewhere more like the seaside than the city....
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of parking at Albany station until at least 0730 and it's free. Bus trip takes about 25 min to CBD
I can do the whole trip from Orewa to CBD via Albany P&R in around 50 minutes on the odd occasion I need to go into the CBD for work. I always assumed I'd have to move closer to town if I started work in CBD (currently work in Devonport) but would be quite happy to coomute from here
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

I defer to Lapsed-K as all I get a glimpse of is the parking spaces as I drive past. As he says might be better to live up here in Orewa, Red Beach or Stanmore Bay and then you'll have a seat on the bus and no need to drive and park at all. Plus you get a better class of person here abouts - more laid back and casual ....... /ducks/ and the property is cheaper and the football clubs are better
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I defer to Lapsed-K as all I get a glimpse of is the parking spaces as I drive past. As he says might be better to live up here in Orewa, Red Beach or Stanmore Bay and then you'll have a seat on the bus and no need to drive and park at all. Plus you get a better class of person here abouts - more laid back and casual ....... /ducks/ and the property is cheaper and the football clubs are better
Oi, I thought we were trying to put people off from moving to Paradise
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Further down the Whangaparaoa Peninsula's an option too with a 50min ferry ride from Gulf Harbour to the CBD.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:51 pm

hi,many thanks for the info .... we were looking at campbells etc because of the school zones,but stanmore bay area looks nice and property seems to be better value,but which school zones apply to the area ................. cheers.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by daisycutter
hi,many thanks for the info .... we were looking at campbells etc because of the school zones,but stanmore bay area looks nice and property seems to be better value,but which school zones apply to the area ................. cheers.
primary or secondary schools?
if primary then send me a PM
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Further down the Whangaparaoa Peninsula's an option too with a 50min ferry ride from Gulf Harbour to the CBD.
haha - on the two days I tried the ferry way back when, one it was cancelled due to weather so they wanted $14 for the bus trip and the other the connecting bus failed to get me there.......
But it is a generally reliable route so I am told
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

This is a great thread - location is something hubby and I are wrestling with. We too love around Orewa/ Stanmore bay and I have applied for jobs around North Shore but also in the CBD. The other area we like is on the east shore - past Howick, up near Beachlands, so we have also been applying for jobs over there.

Alas, hubby has his eye on a job on that side, whilst I have mine on one on the north Shore so now trying to work out what is 'doable' - obviously not this!

However, now thinking CBD and Orewa way would be ok - anyone any ideas about Beachlands/ Omana Beach and CBD. Any help would be fab