British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   PARENTS COMING! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/parents-coming-507034/)

hjmilligan Jan 17th 2008 8:52 pm

PARENTS COMING!

Hi,my parents are coming over next week for a 6 week visit and cant wait!
I have read wiz and tons thread of what they did when they had relatives over and will probably do a few things they done.

Gonna take trips down to Queenstown(also read that thread about the route too!),and other places, really wanted to no whether i need to book motel or hotel before we leave to go anywhere or we could just come across a place to stay.
Thanks

simonmarkellis Jan 17th 2008 8:56 pm

Re: PARENTS COMING!

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 5802201)
Hi,my parents are coming over next week for a 6 week visit and cant wait!
I have read wiz and tons thread of what they did when they had relatives over and will probably do a few things they done.

Gonna take trips down to Queenstown(also read that thread about the route too!),and other places, really wanted to no whether i need to book motel or hotel before we leave to go anywhere or we could just come across a place to stay.
Thanks

It's great when family come over! I've got the wife's parents flying in next week as well for about the same length of stay. What day do your parents arrive?

PVFC Jan 17th 2008 11:51 pm

Mine arrive 2 weeks today. Hope the planes land ok over here!!

simonmarkellis Jan 17th 2008 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by PVFC (Post 5802884)
Mine arrive 2 weeks today. Hope the planes land ok over here!!

Too true!!

How as the Captain of the plane that was following the BA flight into heathrow do you tell the passengers of your plane that you need to abort the landing as the plane in front of you has just crashed?:confused:

banshigirl Jan 18th 2008 12:09 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 5802901)
Too true!!

How as the Captain of the plane that was following the BA flight into heathrow do you tell the passengers of your plane that you need to abort the landing as the plane in front of you has just crashed?:confused:

Would love to hear that tape!:rofl:

TeamEmbo Jan 18th 2008 12:13 am

Not long to wait Helen! According to Lonely Planet places in Queenstown book up and prices rocket during peak summer and ski seasons; recommends booking well in advance. Try www.qac.co.nz Queenstown Accommodation Centre, tel: 03 442 7518, offers range of holiday homesa nd apartments for families/groups, prices from $180 - $850 per week (often minimum stay period).

Or try www.colonialvillage.co.nz, www.chalet.co.nz, www.alexisqueenstown.co.nz, www.novotel.co.nz, www.littleparadise.co.nz (Glenorchy-Queenstown Rd)

Hope this helps! :)

teambwr47 Jan 18th 2008 3:43 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 5802901)
Too true!!

If the rumours/stories of total power loss/failure are correct then that BA pilot has saved many lives including his passengers,crew and many people living working on the approach.

No doubt the enquiry will find the cause but many are saying it doesn't seem to be pilot related and that he and the flight crew have done a superb job.

hjmilligan Jan 19th 2008 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 5802215)
It's great when family come over! I've got the wife's parents flying in next week as well for about the same length of stay. What day do your parents arrive?

Yea,really excited,they arrive Monday at CHC 14.50!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hjmilligan Jan 19th 2008 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5802947)
Not long to wait Helen! According to Lonely Planet places in Queenstown book up and prices rocket during peak summer and ski seasons; recommends booking well in advance. Try www.qac.co.nz Queenstown Accommodation Centre, tel: 03 442 7518, offers range of holiday homesa nd apartments for families/groups, prices from $180 - $850 per week (often minimum stay period).

Or try www.colonialvillage.co.nz, www.chalet.co.nz, www.alexisqueenstown.co.nz, www.novotel.co.nz, www.littleparadise.co.nz (Glenorchy-Queenstown Rd)

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers my dears!! Will have a good look this week,did u take the boat out this weekend!!:thumbsup:

Maz Jan 19th 2008 8:33 pm

Have a super time! Once my Dad's over his prostate cancer I want to get talking with them about coming over next summer. :thumbup:

CAN2NZ Jan 20th 2008 8:50 am

You are so lucky to have your parents visit. I would love for mine to come out and see us too. It is hard work to convince them and I hope to succeed one day. Congratulations.

hjmilligan Jan 23rd 2008 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ (Post 5813122)
You are so lucky to have your parents visit. I would love for mine to come out and see us too. It is hard work to convince them and I hope to succeed one day. Congratulations.

Yes, i'm very lucky. They have arrived and love the vast countryside but since they arrived it hasn;t stopped raining!!! so i told them if it doesnt stop i'm sending them home!!:rofl:

Its great having them here sharing our thoughts on our move,and they say weve done the right thing,which makes us feel good because we miss family terribley.

Helen

simonmarkellis Jan 24th 2008 12:47 am

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 5830185)
Yes, i'm very lucky. They have arrived and love the vast countryside but since they arrived it hasn;t stopped raining!!! so i told them if it doesnt stop i'm sending them home!!:rofl:

Its great having them here sharing our thoughts on our move,and they say weve done the right thing,which makes us feel good because we miss family terribley.

Helen

Really happy for you Helen! We're skyping the wife's parents tonight just before they head of to the airport for the mamouth flight out here. We pick them up from the airport Saturday, then it's straight round to Ma'z for her Birthday Bash!!

Jac&Adie Jan 24th 2008 2:03 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 5831259)
Really happy for you Helen! We're skyping the wife's parents tonight just before they head of to the airport for the mamouth flight out here. We pick them up from the airport Saturday, then it's straight round to Ma'z for her Birthday Bash!!

My Mar and Par arrived 4 hrs ago :D, so by now they are mooching around (getting lost and causing accidents no doubt) Auckland looking for a campsite.

I get to see them next week for the first time in 12 months. Can't wait :D