PARAMEDICS IN NZ

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default PARAMEDICS IN NZ

HAS ANYONE MOVED FROM ABULANCE SERVICE IN UK TO NZ AMBULANCE SERVICE? I KNOW ST JOHNS ARE AN ACCREDITED EMPLOYER.
IF SO HOW EASY WAS THIS?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PARAMEDICS IN NZ

hi jacky g here
were in howick area,our next door neighbours are english and he works for st johns ambulance here.i'l give them a shout today and find out anything i can for you.is there any specific things you want me to ask.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

hi
if you could just ask what the process was to apply for position in new zealand and did you have to go where the vacancies are?
cheers
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

PM, JAC & ADIE she worked as paramedic in Auckland & now Welly.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks, will do
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:32 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by garyp
thanks, will do
Hi ya,

I'll reply on behalf of the misses.

St John were horrible. no matter what approach we took with them they just told us look at the website, all positions are advertised there. So after four months of applying and hearing nothing, Jac applied for a Job with Wellington Free Ambulance as a Ambulance Officer, not only was she offered the place, but they are training her for a Intensive Care Paramedic role, which is the next step up. She was a Paramedic Team Leader in the UK btw.

Since moving to Welly, we have discovered St John do do an annual intake of college graduates, however St John themselves didn't want us to know about that.
Since taking the position in Welly Jac has also been contacted by St John HR, asking if she could re-apply for some of the positions they had advertised two months ago, They made some mistakes and are looking to re-appoint someone.

Jac applied for several positions whilst still in UK and heard nothing !

You will need to get a portfolio together so Ambulance NZ can asess your skill level, Jac (Spackster) will give you more info in this.

Sorry to be negative, but for Jac finding the job she has now was hard work.
I don't want to give you the wrong impression. A UK Paramedic is sort after here, and there are quite a few, however be prepared for a hard slog to get in.

All the best and good luck

Adie,

PM if you need more specifics
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:33 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Hi ya,

I'll reply on behalf of the misses.

St John were horrible. no matter what approach we took with them they just told us look at the website, all positions are advertised there. So after four months of applying and hearing nothing, Jac applied for a Job with Wellington Free Ambulance as a Ambulance Officer, not only was she offered the place, but they are training her for a Intensive Care Paramedic role, which is the next step up. She was a Paramedic Team Leader in the UK btw.

Since moving to Welly, we have discovered St John do do an annual intake of college graduates, however St John themselves didn't want us to know about that.
Since taking the position in Welly Jac has also been contacted by St John HR, asking if she could re-apply for some of the positions they had advertised two months ago, They made some mistakes and are looking to re-appoint someone.

Jac applied for several positions whilst still in UK and heard nothing !

You will need to get a portfolio together so Ambulance NZ can asess your skill level, Jac (Spackster) will give you more info in this.

Sorry to be negative, but for Jac finding the job she has now was hard work.
I don't want to give you the wrong impression. A UK Paramedic is sort after here, and there are quite a few, however be prepared for a hard slog to get in.

All the best and good luck

Adie,

PM if you need more specifics
What's it like working for Wellington Free?
Is it better or worse than the UK?
Do you like Auckland better than welly?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:04 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
What's it like working for Wellington Free?
Is it better or worse than the UK?
Do you like Auckland better than welly?
I'll let Jac answer the first two. But She never worked in AKL that was me. We both prefer Welly, well we live in Upper Hutt which is much nicer than where we were in South AKL. The drive into Welly is so much nicer, I've not been into CBD much yet tho, so not sure on that. On the whole very happy here

Adie
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:19 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
I'll let Jac answer the first two. But She never worked in AKL that was me. We both prefer Welly, well we live in Upper Hutt which is much nicer than where we were in South AKL. The drive into Welly is so much nicer, I've not been into CBD much yet tho, so not sure on that. On the whole very happy here

Adie
I know a couple of people who work for WFA so it's a small world!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Hi there, I'll find all the links you'll need and PM them to you as soon as. As well as St John's there are also some DHB's which have there own paramedics and Wellington region has it's own service, (Wellington Free Ambulance)
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jac&adie/spackster
cheers for info. i will PM if i need info, or you can PM to me with any further details. WFA may be best option initially as i have family in the Camborne area of Wellington. (not to impressed with the windy unpredictable weather)
garyp
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jac&adie
did you apply to WFA while still living in the uk?
What was the process, did you have fly over to NZ for assessments?
when did you have to apply for visa/work permit and what did you go over with?
loads of questions(i m keen)
garyp
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garyp
jac&adie
did you apply to WFA while still living in the uk?
What was the process, did you have fly over to NZ for assessments?
when did you have to apply for visa/work permit and what did you go over with?
loads of questions(i m keen)
garyp
Hi Garyp, I have not forgotten, been on nights and they're the same whatever country you work in. I'll pm you or if i can send you an e-mail as there is loads of info.

Jac