Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Paperwork to pack in suitcases?!?!

Paperwork to pack in suitcases?!?!

Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Paperwork to pack in suitcases?!?!

Help!!!
My container is coming on Thursday, do I need to take any paperwork with me in my case? I'm thinking of mortgate statements, bills etc to show my credit history...
Am I overthinking things??!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:55 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork to pack in suitcases?!?!

Originally Posted by zoexr
Help!!!
My container is coming on Thursday, do I need to take any paperwork with me in my case? I'm thinking of mortgate statements, bills etc to show my credit history...
Carried all important documents.....birth,marriage certs etc & one copy of finacial stuff (for references for property renting & ID) Driving licenses, insurance no claims proof etc & some medical history plus inventory of goods shipped with us on flight.....didn't have a container but did ship some boxes out.
HTH
B x
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

As well as everything listed above, we brought bills for credit history, and proof of UK no claims bonuses on our cars etc as it can be transferred. We also brought dogs so all their paperwork came with us in the case too.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:29 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Help!!!
No its a good idea, we are taking all the paperwork with us as well

And all the stuff OP have mentioned.

Dewb
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

I think that I would be overweight with my files!!!

We have been given 23kg of luggage each, and we are right on the cusp of that.
Is a mental breakdown all part of the immigration process??!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:42 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Photo copy all your paperwork, put copies in container and never let the other stuff out of your sight !! keep it in your hand luggage at all times.

I know someone who put their whole lifes worth in a container and the ship sank in the ocean on the way to the states, be warned.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

God yes!!!!!!

It's all part of the "fun"
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:19 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

plus take extra copies of passports and visa. Preferably a couple of certified ones.
I think so far, we have had to get about 23,998,331 copies of ours. Wish I'd thought to get this many copies in the UK.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:23 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that I would be overweight with my files!!!

We have been given 23kg of luggage each, and we are right on the cusp of that.
I believe so
Good luck

Dewb
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

What Fooferfish said. Originals in hand luggage, 3 photocopies of everything in container in plastic folders. Can never have too many copies!

If you're still at work in the UK maybe take advantage of the office photocopier!