Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Papamoa/Tauranga accomodation req.

Papamoa/Tauranga accomodation req.

Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Johno1885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Papamoa/Tauranga accomodation req.

Hello all, first time on forum and already looking for advise.
Late November we shall be upping sticks and heading for Papamoa/Tauranga to start a new chapter.
Can anybody recommend/advise of accomodation in the Papamoa/Tauranga area for myself, wife and three children, for the interim period between arriving and buying a house. Thank you for any help given.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:06 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Papamoa/Tauranga accomodation req.

Originally Posted by Johno1885
Hello all, first time on forum and already looking for advise.
Late November we shall be upping sticks and heading for Papamoa/Tauranga to start a new chapter.
Can anybody recommend/advise of accomodation in the Papamoa/Tauranga area for myself, wife and three children, for the interim period between arriving and buying a house. Thank you for any help given.
Hi Johno, welcome to the madhouse! I can't help you there I'm afraid as you're one step ahead of me, so shall watch your thread and the replies with interest!

We're headed for the same place but not until mid-Jan and will be after the same thing - maybe we can have yours after you've finished with it!

There are loads of real estate agents in Papamoa/Tauranga who may know of some holiday accommodation for your first few weeks. Google search for them as I can't remember all of them - I know there's LJ Hooker for one. Previously we've seen holiday accommodation advertised on TradeMe (like ebay) and also try the Bay of Plenty Times - their local paper.

Where are you in the UK and what jobs are you going to be doing? How old are your kids? Have you been to Bay of Plenty before? And, so she drones on ... and on ... and on ...
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Johno1885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Papamoa/Tauranga accomodation req.

Hi Am Loolah, we're in Bexleyheath, Kent. Our children are 11,8,5 and we're hoping they will all settle in o.k., I'm sure they will.

I am a carpenter, which is how we have been able to apply and my wife has been M.D. of our family for the past 11 years!

All our plans are waiting for the completion date for the sale of our house, which is going through at the moment but, its not until we get that call to say completion has taken place that we can really be 100% positive that we won't get let down. Although we have to be realistic and put into motion shipping, accommodation etc..

Thanks for your reply and keep watching,

Johno1885
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:38 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Papamoa/Tauranga accomodation req.

Originally Posted by Johno1885
Hi Am Loolah, we're in Bexleyheath, Kent. Our children are 11,8,5 and we're hoping they will all settle in o.k., I'm sure they will.

I am a carpenter, which is how we have been able to apply and my wife has been M.D. of our family for the past 11 years!

All our plans are waiting for the completion date for the sale of our house, which is going through at the moment but, its not until we get that call to say completion has taken place that we can really be 100% positive that we won't get let down. Although we have to be realistic and put into motion shipping, accommodation etc..

Thanks for your reply and keep watching,

Johno1885
Spooky!! We have friends who are going to Tauranga and he's a carpenter too - already has job lined up!

Our kids are 14, 11, 7 & 3 (the 2 youngest will be 8 & 4 when we go! We're one house sold and now doing up home! but said after visit to NZ in April/May we'd put plans into action when we'd sold one! Sadly cheapest one!

Do you have employment lined up? Is your wife going to work out there or stick with Domestic Goddess?