Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Papamoa Quiz Night ...

Papamoa Quiz Night ...

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:28 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Papamoa Quiz Night ...

... as self-appointed social secretary (well a friend of mine is organising this time) there is a quiz night at Rain in Papamoa on Tuesday and we have booked a table for a team. There are no restrictions on numbers!

As I said in a text to those whose numbers I have, Liz is away next week so we've got a good chance of doing quite well.

We need boys too for the sports questions, taxi services and to carry the drinks.

Let me know if you're in - 6:30PM start. (Warm up liver from 5:30 onwards.)
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 11:06 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Papamoa Quiz Night ...

Tony enjoys a quiz night and even though it pains me to say he's usually very good. He answers the most obscure questions. He's in bed but I'll let him know.
I'm away for the week

Pauline
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:04 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Count me in.

Tony
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

I formally confirm that both Garry and I will be there....of course I cannot guarantee the quality of our answers especially when the liver function decreases....
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by howden40
Count me in.

Tony
Excellent Tony, shame Pauline's away but depending on how we do I'm sure we can organise another!

Current team is about 7-9, come on we need more ...
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Elsie03
I formally confirm that both Garry and I will be there....of course I cannot guarantee the quality of our answers especially when the liver function decreases....
Maybe the little voices in your head will know more than you?!

You've got the weekend to revise!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:53 am
lionheart

I would love to attend a regular drinking session (oops sorry quiz nite). I usually improve with the quality of my answers as the rum reaches the little grey cells.

Pauline
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:55 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Will be a good night, OH and me looking forward to it.
Will swot up as much as I can, but my attention span like yours C, , but will try my best Miss.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Will be a good night, OH and me looking forward to it.
Will swot up as much as I can, but my attention span like yours C, , but will try my best Miss.
I think you may see your friendly butcher there!!!

June
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:46 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I WANT TO BE THERE!!!
Sorry, can't make that one.....
But carry on regardless... you know I attend any meet up I can....but keep in touch
and incidentally, you are a far better that that last shit moderator they had on this forum.......
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by karonious
I WANT TO BE THERE!!!
Sorry, can't make that one.....
But carry on regardless... you know I attend any meet up I can....but keep in touch
and incidentally, you are a far better that that last shit moderator they had on this forum.......

We won't be there tonight until about 6:30PM, we have booked a table for any who get there earlier.

Back to my online revision!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:16 am
lionheart

Hi Caroline
just wanted to say a big thanks 4 tonite had a great time even though the oh was missing
tony
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by howden40
Hi Caroline
just wanted to say a big thanks 4 tonite had a great time even though the oh was missing
tony
Oh.My.God.

Got home. Broke wine glass. Spolshed wine over self. Went to bed. Woke up. Got up. Am over excited child ... we only won said quiz ...

The most I've ever won before is a bottle of Asti Supamante (sp?) in a Spastic Society raffle.

Lovely to meet you Tony.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:36 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Well, what a team, thats all i can say, its becuase we had good mix of Kiwi's, Brits and an Ozzie thrown in for luck, good age range, we were "Awesome", (as our team name clearly stated ) . Hoping to go for it again on another week, and build up some more winnings !
Well-done all, "good job".
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Well, what a team, thats all i can say, its becuase we had good mix of Kiwi's, Brits and an Ozzie thrown in for luck, good age range, we were "Awesome", (as our team name clearly stated ) . Hoping to go for it again on another week, and build up some more winnings !
Well-done all, "good job".
Hear, hear Marika! Tnx Loolah for arranging another great social occasion....obviously winning helped a lot....still cant believe it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.