Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Papamoa Meet up - Sat 12th Sept?

Papamoa Meet up - Sat 12th Sept?

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:53 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Papamoa Meet up - Sat 12th Sept?

Is anyone free if we try and meet up on the above date? Say at Rain at about 7PM? Quite a few newbies arrived so might be nice to all introduce ourselves?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Papamoa Meet up - Sat 12th Sept?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
Is anyone free if we try and meet up on the above date? Say at Rain at about 7PM? Quite a few newbies arrived so might be nice to all introduce ourselves?
me & Tim will be there....another good night to look forward to!! yay!

Last edited by iwannagonow; Sep 2nd 2009 at 5:34 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by iwannagonow View Post
me & Tim will be there....another good night to look forward to!! yay!
Looks like it's just us then! Shall I bring your wooden spoon or are you upgrading to a mike?!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not actually a Papamoa resident, more a frequent visitor, but I've been thinking of trying to get over to join you. Are Rotorua Rowdies allowed to gatecrash (I can provide my own wooden spoon if necessary )
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it's just us then! Shall I bring your wooden spoon or are you upgrading to a mike?!

he he! I don't think I shall bother with a wooden spoon...I just might bring a turkey baster instead!!!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:54 am

Cate that would be fab! Wooden spoon, turkey baster, even salad servers suffice!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:52 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish I could meet up but unfortunately live too far
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm View Post
Wish I could meet up but unfortunately live too far
Ahhh, do you not have any meet-up's near you? I thought there was one being organised a while back? I could be wrong - I'm easily confused!

I'm waiting to hear from our new arrivals; bolton1 and MooMoo290373 and I believe The Jezzers are due to touch down tomorrow. Hopefully they'll let me know?
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

We would love to but thats our goodbye party night here in sunny Norfolk Besides, even if we were there we would be living too far away Nice thought tho' Enjoy, Bevissa
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

dandctaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

now if you could only delay it for a couple of weeks there would be another set of new arrivals to join the fun. Unfortunately we don't get to Tauranga until the end of September. Hey ho, there's always next time.

David
Old Sep 9th 2009, 9:59 pm

Ahhh, do you not have any meet-up's near you? I thought there was one being organised a while back? I could be wrong - I'm easily confused!

I'm waiting to hear from our new arrivals; bolton1 and MooMoo290373 and I believe The Jezzers are due to touch down tomorrow. Hopefully they'll let me know?
Nope not as I know of, I dont think Wanganui is the place people head for , like I said we only came here for my husbands job....but for now its home.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by dandctaylor View Post
now if you could only delay it for a couple of weeks there would be another set of new arrivals to join the fun. Unfortunately we don't get to Tauranga until the end of September. Hey ho, there's always next time.

David
Awww - David, there'll be more!

For anyone thinking about it. We'll be there from 7PM, rugby kicks off at 7:30 and it will be heaving ... having said that we are taking some of the kids down as Rain is child friendly so don't worry about baby sitters.

Anymore for anymore?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry all, but I very much doubt that I'm going to be able to make it this evening. Hubby's had to go up to Auckland for work today and I've no idea what time he'll be back and it seems that Mum's taxi is in demand this evening...hubby had agreed to do the chauffeuring around, but, well, there you go.

If the Auckland trip is shorter than we're expecting I may still be able to join you, but it's looking very unlikely

Or maybe I'll be able to join you another time.

Have a great evening
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm View Post
Nope not as I know of, I dont think Wanganui is the place people head for , like I said we only came here for my husbands job....but for now its home.

Wanganui was where Gail Doug & Ryan originally moved to from the UK and they found it difficult making friends so they upped sticks and moved to Papamoa and have never looked back. Wherever you live you have got to have friends in my opinion.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson View Post
Wanganui was where Gail Doug & Ryan originally moved to from the UK and they found it difficult making friends so they upped sticks and moved to Papamoa and have never looked back. Wherever you live you have got to have friends in my opinion.
Well yes a have one friend, and luckily lots of friends in Napier where I can escape from time to time, it is good for now, good schools and such, but its where the jobs are with the good money also dont forget...but we will move out of Wanganui when something better comes up in the future.. but for now we make the most of it, we have a lovely house in a nice area, with some nice neighbors, I count my blessings