British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Papamoa Beach Picnic (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/papamoa-beach-picnic-631784/)

Am Loolah Sep 21st 2009 9:56 am

Papamoa Beach Picnic

HI akk,

I've been on about getting the kids together over the holidays so that those new to the area can bring the kids along to meet some others.

I'll check the weather but would hope we could do something beginning of next week in the school holidays.

I was thinking a picnic with surfing/body boarding (I've got boards and various sized wetsuits for those that haven't) some beach cricket, frisbee etc. Oh and wine .... :cool:

So maybe Monday or Tuesday at Harrison's Cut? If you're interested PM me your contact number and I'll get in touch and organise.

Be good to see some new faces.:thumbsup:

Loolah

steelblue Sep 21st 2009 10:05 am

Re: Papamoa Beach Picnic

Hi Loolah

Sounds like fun! I will bundle the kids in the car, and try to find you !
My directional skills are rubbish !!

Thanks
Vicky

Am Loolah Sep 24th 2009 5:39 am

Originally Posted by steelblue (Post 7950018)
Hi Loolah

Sounds like fun! I will bundle the kids in the car, and try to find you !
My directional skills are rubbish !!

Thanks
Vicky

Have PM'd you Vicky.:thumbup: Hope the blooming weather improves ... :(

Tomsk Sep 24th 2009 9:24 am

Oh, no, I'd have loved to join you, but I'm working at the start of the week. Will be spending Thurs & Fri at Papamoa though.

The Jezzers Sep 24th 2009 10:22 am

Hi all thejezzers will be there just say where and when and I'll bring the sun.(I hope).:thumbup:

MooMoo290373 Sep 24th 2009 9:17 pm

Cannot make the monday but could make tuesday, will pm you mobile and home numbers later:thumbup:

Am Loolah Sep 25th 2009 1:48 am

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 7962408)
Cannot make the monday but could make tuesday, will pm you mobile and home numbers later:thumbup:

Great, Tuesday is looking like the preferred option for the majority. I can email you details when we know what the weather's going to do if you'd rather?:thumbup:

MooMoo290373 Sep 25th 2009 6:00 am

Originally Posted by The Jezzers (Post 7960511)
Hi all thejezzers will be there just say where and when and I'll bring the sun.(I hope).:thumbup:

Yay you arrived welcome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Jezzers Sep 25th 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 7963686)
Yay you arrived welcome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't wait to meet everyone, what a rollercoaster ride we have all been on.
But now we are here and worth it all. I love it. A big thankyou to Am Loolah for all her help.What a fab person she is.......thankyou.
Well I'm off to the Rain bar tonight. :beer:
I'll see you all Tuesday.:thumbup:

Victoria-Wayne Sep 25th 2009 10:56 am

Hi there... we are brand new to area and living on mount. Would love to meet up with you. We have 2 little uns...Harvey who will be 2 in one week's time and Lyla who will be 1 three days later. We have no car at the moment but I'm sure we can work out getting to meet up venue. Weather forecast not looking great til end of week I think. Hope to meet some of you soon :D
Vicky

Tomsk Sep 25th 2009 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Jezzers (Post 7963806)
I can't wait to meet everyone, what a rollercoaster ride we have all been on.
But now we are here and worth it all. I love it. A big thankyou to Am Loolah for all her help.What a fab person she is.......thankyou.
Well I'm off to the Rain bar tonight. :beer:
I'll see you all Tuesday.:thumbup:

Hi, welcome, glad you've arrived safely :D
I'm fully expecting to be in Rain bar tonight as well :thumbup:

Am Loolah Sep 27th 2009 4:04 am

Hope you all enjoyed Rain - I had a birthday party to go to so wasn't down there at all this weekend!:eek:

Right, I shall check the forecast for Tuesday afternoon and let you all know nearer the time details of location etc. Sounds like there might be a few of us :fingerscrossed:.

MooMoo290373 Sep 28th 2009 1:03 am

I just checked the met office website it is showing rain again for tommorow:ohmy: i hope it is wrong!!!!

Am Loolah Sep 28th 2009 1:52 am

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 7970021)
I just checked the met office website it is showing rain again for tommorow:ohmy: i hope it is wrong!!!!

Maybe we should just all go to Rain then - half price cocktails when it's actually raining!!:thumbsup:

Am Loolah Sep 28th 2009 9:55 am

Looks like we'll have to take a "Rain Check" :sneaky: on this as forecast is pants for the whole week ... :(

For those whose numbers I've got I'll call you in the morning to advise.:cool: