British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Papamoa BBQ/Picnic. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/papamoa-bbq-picnic-649782/)

Am Loolah Jan 17th 2010 8:03 pm

Papamoa BBQ/Picnic.

I've been asked by a few to see about setting up another meet up. Plus we have some more newbies - Numptyhead in Whakatane and Will_and_Tina H arriving this coming weekend.:thumbup:

I alos know people are busy with the summer holidays etc. So plenty of notice for this one.

Wednesday 27th January - weather permitting. Midday?

Either the BBQ's behind Bluebiyou at Papamoa Domain or I thought of the park on the corners of Gravatt Road and Pacific View Rd as there are BBQ's, lots of space for footie, cricket etc and the actual play equipment. That will keep me happy but I don't know what the kids will do!:lol:

This is just a throw the idea out there thread and then antone with any better ideas/dates/time etc can partake!

Should be fun.:)

The Jezzers Jan 17th 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Papamoa BBQ/Picnic.

I'll be there, with the gang. Just let me know where. :thumbsup:

MooMoo290373 Jan 18th 2010 7:12 am

:thumbsup: we will there:thumbup:

Numptyhead Jan 18th 2010 10:33 am

Hey that sounds great. I am working a night shift that night, so midday would be great for us. It will be lovely to put the faces to the names.

Thanks Caroline, lovely idea x

willand tina_h Jan 18th 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 8258732)
Hey that sounds great. I am working a night shift that night, so midday would be great for us. It will be lovely to put the faces to the names.

Thanks Caroline, lovely idea x

thats fab as we know we can be there as dont start work till the 2nd feb!!

We may all still look like shit mind due to the jet lag but so looking forward to it :thumbsup: woohooo nbe great to meet all of you, what do we bring etc, as of course the first for us so dont have a bloody clue. :o

Tina, who is writting this surrounded in bags and clothes, lol.

x x x

Vamps Jan 20th 2010 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8257131)
Wednesday 27th January - weather permitting. Midday?

Acck could we not do a weekend thing? Would love to attend this but will be at my first week of work so will miss everyone :(

Am Loolah Jan 20th 2010 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Vamps (Post 8264916)
Acck could we not do a weekend thing? Would love to attend this but will be at my first week of work so will miss everyone :(

Ahhh, sorry, it's just coz it's school holidays and we have some other newbies coming.:(

We will do a weekend one soon after fear not!:thumbup:

Tomsk Jan 20th 2010 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8264957)
Ahhh, sorry, it's just coz it's school holidays and we have some other newbies coming.:(

We will do a weekend one soon after fear not!:thumbup:

I'll be looking forward to that then :D
I've been hoping to join in with a Papamoa meet up for some time as I've been spending a lot of time over there at the beach (& Rain :drinkwine:).......but I work full time & it's pretty hard to juggle days off in the week. A weekend meet up would be great :thumbsup:

bolton1 Jan 20th 2010 8:17 am

Ohhh great stuff - half of our family will come - any of venues sound good to me -keep me in the loop x

Margaret Parkinson Jan 20th 2010 10:30 pm

Hopefully we will make it but could be suffering from jet lag and oversleep. lol

So that you will recognize us I have changed my avatar

Victoria-Wayne Jan 23rd 2010 8:28 am

Will be there!!!! XxX:p

Am Loolah Jan 23rd 2010 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Victoria-Wayne (Post 8274712)
Will be there!!!! XxX:p

Cool Vicky!:thumbup:

But currently the weather forecast is looking more than a little hit and miss ... watch this space for updates or if we need to change venue.

If ok I think the park would be best for the kids.

Corner of Pacific View Rd and Grenada Street.

bdclayton Jan 23rd 2010 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8274756)
Cool Vicky!:thumbup:

But currently the weather forecast is looking more than a little hit and miss ... watch this space for updates or if we need to change venue.

If ok I think the park would be best for the kids.

Corner of Pacific View Rd and Grenada Street.

Hey i will try to be there
do i need to bring anything ?
But I am in the hands of the garage
my van is in for major repairs on Monday
Cheers :thumbup:

bolton1 Jan 23rd 2010 6:46 pm

I think the weather is s'posed to be picking up by Weds - my 16 yr old is now coming along, so any other 16 yrs olds to keep him company coming ??

What time are we meeting then ?

Margaret Parkinson Jan 25th 2010 6:18 pm

Hopefully we will be there on tomorrow. What time and what to bring. I know you said nibbles but what about plates etc.