Reload this Page >

Panel Doctors - Edinburgh

Panel Doctors - Edinburgh

Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:19 am
Just Joined

lglennon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Panel Doctors - Edinburgh

Hi,

I am in the process of looking at getting medicals done for me, my hubby & 2 kids. Does anyone know of anywhere in Edinburgh, other than Spire private hospitals, that provide this service. All the other practitioners on the Immigration NZ website no longer provide this service (and I have been in touch with them to check about others but no success).Alternatively if there is anywhere within a reasonable commute we would consider this. Been advised by Spire that it would cost over £1,000 for the 4 which seems extremely expensive. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice
Default Re: Panel Doctors - Edinburgh

We looked at places in Dundee and Angus when we were considering a 23 month WHV in the end we didnt go down that road and later had our medicals here.

I guess you might just have to bite the bullet, phone all the ones on the list in Scotland, factor in cost of travel and take it from there.

PRI might be your best bet if travelling from Edinburgh.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 160 GBP for a reduced medical because I applied for PR through a Family Application I only needed the Limited Medical Certificate, as opposed to the General Medical Certificate.

I basically peed in a pot and the Doc prodded and poked me a few times as well as weighing me and measured my height, taking blood pressure, etc, after asking a few pretty tame questions; smoking, drinking, how many operations, etc.

Crucially, no blood tests were required. Although I did have to still do and pay for the Chest x-ray separately.

That said, given (I assume?) yours is the full medical assessment for the General Medical Certificate, 1000 GBP sounds about right for 4 people.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine done at Bryden Medical in Glasgow http://www.brydenmedical.com/
Might be a bit too far of a commute for you though.

£1000 for 4 people sounds about right to me too, I'm sure mine cost me around £250 and that was 4 years ago.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

Sounds about right, don't think I had much change out of £700 for me and the OH in London
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

2 adults and 2 kids sounds about right

I think it was around £350 back in London - an excuse to have treatment on Harley Street.. Oooh, Mr Posh
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

gks1508 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our full medicals with bloods and x-ray done at Spire in Wrexham Wales and paid £450 each in January 2014!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Cate135 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby and I got the medicals done at Leven Medical Tollcross, Health centre Edinburgh and then popped to Spire for X-rays on the same day, as we were from Fife it worked out the easiest and cheapest and results came back really quick, this was in December 2013, just checked their website and they still advertise that they do it, the cost was just under £930 but we got this back from the employer as part of the relocation package which was good, this was full med and chest X-ray for two adults.