Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Panasonic breadmakers appear to be a rare thing in NZ

Panasonic breadmakers appear to be a rare thing in NZ

Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Panasonic breadmakers appear to be a rare thing in NZ

I'd like a Panasonic breadmaker. I'm not wanting another brand or make. It's a Panasonic for me and as it's my spondoodles $$ that I am spending, I feel that's fair enough.... and yes, I can make bread from scratch courtesy of the boring domestic science lessons at school.

Thing is, how do I get my grubby mitts on one here in New Zealand. I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Fujisan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Panasonic breadmakers appear to be a rare thing in NZ

We bought a Panasonic about 18 years ago and it has just recently started to show its age. Parts are no longer available so I went out and bought the best replacement I could find, a Sunbeam. Less than a week later it went back for a refund!

I spoke to Panasonic and they said due to customer enquiries they were looking at bringing a model back into NZ, maybe next year. That was too long to wait, so I found the UK Panasonic breadmaker page http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...sCategory.html and got some prices off the internet from stores like Argos.

My sister went and bought it and couriered it to me. Cost £87 plus £60 freight (about NZ$350) which is in line with the dearer models currently on sale in NZ. It's brilliant!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:26 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Phone Panasonic New Zealand and ask where you might purchase one of their mechanical breadmaking devices.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Tha Panasonic SD-255 with nut dispenser is the best breadmaker on the market.
Never had a failed loaf!

Is it not possible to get one sent from the UK. They retail for about 90GBP
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Phone Panasonic New Zealand and ask where you might purchase one of their mechanical breadmaking devices.
I emailed them but was rather hoping someone here would have seen one for sale during their shopping expeditions.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'd like a Panasonic breadmaker. I'm not wanting another brand or make. It's a Panasonic for me and as it's my spondoodles $$ that I am spending, I feel that's fair enough.... and yes, I can make bread from scratch courtesy of the boring domestic science lessons at school.

Thing is, how do I get my grubby mitts on one here in New Zealand. I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Ther are the dogs proverbials. Worth their weight in gold..ours even has a nut and raisin dispenser. We got ours at Harvey Norman.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few older Panny's on Trademe, if you don't mind second hand. Second hand breadmakers are very often sold hardly ever used, because they are the kind of that gets stashed at the back of a cupboard to collect dust, once the novelty has worn off. If you've not had one before and not entirely sure how much use you will get, just a suggestion, try any second hand branded one first.

They are a lot of money to pay out for a kitchen ornament and going second-hand first will give you a chance to try before you buy the full monty expensive model

Try also:

http://www.freecycle.org/group/NZ/New%20Zealand