Pampers nappies

Old Jul 14th 2012, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Maria16b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pampers nappies

Morning expats and mummy's.

We've been here a week now and run out of my trusty supply of pampers nappies. In true open minded ness ive bought huggies and put my 9 month old son into them. I didn't get on with their fit back in the uk but I'm prepared to try. However two nights later and two completely wet beds (my son in wet vest, babygrow, wet sleeping bag and soaked through to the mattress), I'm desperate to find out where I can by pampers baby dry.

Can anyone out there help?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pampers nappies

I don't know about the shops but this may help.

http://www.pampersnappies.co.nz/
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Thank you sooo much
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

ohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to allohdearydear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maria16b
Morning expats and mummy's.

We've been here a week now and run out of my trusty supply of pampers nappies. In true open minded ness ive bought huggies and put my 9 month old son into them. I didn't get on with their fit back in the uk but I'm prepared to try. However two nights later and two completely wet beds (my son in wet vest, babygrow, wet sleeping bag and soaked through to the mattress), I'm desperate to find out where I can by pampers baby dry.

Can anyone out there help?
Unfortunately Pampers aren't sold in shops - only from the website in Auckland! We've resorted to ordering them online as we were having similar problems (nappy rash being worse than it's ever been). Huggies just didn't work for us (in the uk or here) and Treasures are awful, imo.

The price of the Pampers is extortionate but then again all baby items are expensive here and we're happy to pay the extra for our daughter to be comfortable.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

I know what you mean. I've looked at ordering them too now and just using them for night time! Come on nz-sort your Naples out!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

I've just recently tried baby love nappies, bought them in New World, and have found them to be really good plus they fit my little one better than huggies.
Denise
Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:58 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

This lady had a kid at our youngest's kindy. She seems worth a punt for nappy needs:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nappie...16446781710777
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Treasures are best for night time, win hands down, I find huggies great for day time though... I have not long run out of big supply of pampers and to be honest now that I have fully adjusted it is no problem...
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:00 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all

Treasures are really good for my little girl been wearing then from 10 months to 23 months now, they are bulkier than UK nappies and don't feel as soft but she has never complained about them (she would let me know) and I have never had any accidents with them other than when she has has poorly tummy. If you bulk buy them as well off tinternet sometimes it works out cheaper than the super markets. supposedly they are made in nz too so can't be bad.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

I may have just the answer for you nappy goers... just give me a few more weeks!!!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Davros1984 mow you've got my fingers crossed!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:02 am
Just Joined

I'm loving living in nz so far but boy is baby stuff way behind the uk! Mostly it's nappies I'm frustrated with but food is crap too. I'm not one of those 'make it all myself' mums I'm afraid - I did with no1 and she spat it back at me (literally), so no2 gets the odd thing we have mushed but mostly lives off jars. But they are sooooo expensive and the selections are bad. I feel bad for him. Being no2 though he is pretty chilled so isn't bothered I'm sure...... But poor thing. Is there a secret place I'm missing for baby needs or is it just a bit baffling here?
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:08 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maria16b
I'm loving living in nz so far but boy is baby stuff way behind the uk! Mostly it's nappies I'm frustrated with but food is crap too. I'm not one of those 'make it all myself' mums I'm afraid - I did with no1 and she spat it back at me (literally), so no2 gets the odd thing we have mushed but mostly lives off jars. But they are sooooo expensive and the selections are bad. I feel bad for him. Being no2 though he is pretty chilled so isn't bothered I'm sure...... But poor thing. Is there a secret place I'm missing for baby needs or is it just a bit baffling here?
Welcome to NZ. The land of 'cooking from scratch', poor choice in microwave meals, frozen pizza's and baby food.

Having raised two kids here, cooking your own baby food is by far the best route. It's much cheaper and better for bubs. My wife cook up batches and put them into ice cube containers in the freezer. It was then easy as to prepare meals.

Its probably not what you want to hear, but as you have discovered choice is limited here.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Our local Pak & Save imports Pampers Nappies from the UK.

They don't last long on the shelves though so it helps to have an insider friend to give the head's up as to when they're back in stock ;-)

However, if we can't get Pampers, we'll resort to Treasures.