Palmerston North

Old May 11th 2010, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Palmerston North

After all the praise that Genesis gives it, I finally went with business and saw for myself.

I have to say I quite liked it and don't understand all the knocking it gets.
Old May 11th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palmerston North

Originally Posted by Robbo25
After all the praise that Genesis gives it, I finally went with business and saw for myself.

I have to say I quite liked it and don't understand all the knocking it gets.
Cheers mate! There's no beach..I think that is the main problem. There are endless things to do here so boredom is not the issue and the Tararua Ranges that flank the town make it very pleasing on the eye. Alas our river is sooooooooooo poluted it has made world headlines..that does not help our image. Houses are VERY reasonably priced and from a logistical point of view we are very close to lots of BIG attractions and cool places. Per capita Palmy has more restaurants and coffee houses than anywhere in NZ which is nice. There are about 10 cinema screens and 4 theatres. There is an amazing indoor outdoor pool complex and the most amazing world class library that is unlike any library I have ever been to. We have an amazing number of parks and reserves almost 30 last time I looked on the map. We have the lowest truancy numbers in NZ and some great schools too. So its not all bad. Like wise I have no idea why Wanganui gets such a bad press. I went and was really wowed by the place..and they have the beach too!!!! Sports are big too, for instance we have 20 squash courts, indoor and outdoor karting and microlight flying clubs too. if you would like to learn more about the 'nice' place to live have a google at 'destination Manawatu'. Manawatu being our region.

Last edited by Genesis; May 11th 2010 at 12:42 am.
Old May 11th 2010, 12:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Palmerston North

I like it here, though not my favourite place in New Zealand. Big bioagriculture/crop development here which attracts a lot of people here along with the university.
Old May 11th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I like it here, though not my favourite place in New Zealand. Big bioagriculture/crop development here which attracts a lot of people here along with the university.
I too like and am well aware there are soooooooooooooo many places way better. However house prices in those places would not allow me to live in the house I do here. So all in all Palmy is good for now and most probably forever unless the lottery comes my way.
Old May 11th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Next time we'll have a beer!
Old May 11th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Next time we'll have a beer!
You will be more than welcome to come over, let me know when you are coming our way next time.
Old May 11th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I read today it also has one of the most polluted rivers in the world running through it
Old May 11th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by colandros
I read today it also has one of the most polluted rivers in the world running through it
Yeah thanks for that. If you read my 1st bit properly you would see I have already mentioned that. Maybe there are 2 highly poluted rivers running thru' Palmy? In any event its best to let people know twice about the really shitty stuff aye?
Old May 11th 2010, 8:59 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Cheers mate! There's no beach..I think that is the main problem. There are endless things to do here so boredom is not the issue and the Tararua Ranges that flank the town make it very pleasing on the eye. Alas our river is sooooooooooo poluted it has made world headlines..that does not help our image. Houses are VERY reasonably priced and from a logistical point of view we are very close to lots of BIG attractions and cool places. Per capita Palmy has more restaurants and coffee houses than anywhere in NZ which is nice. There are about 10 cinema screens and 4 theatres. There is an amazing indoor outdoor pool complex and the most amazing world class library that is unlike any library I have ever been to. We have an amazing number of parks and reserves almost 30 last time I looked on the map. We have the lowest truancy numbers in NZ and some great schools too. So its not all bad. Like wise I have no idea why Wanganui gets such a bad press. I went and was really wowed by the place..and they have the beach too!!!! Sports are big too, for instance we have 20 squash courts, indoor and outdoor karting and microlight flying clubs too. if you would like to

learn more about the 'nice' place to live have a google at 'destination
Manawatu'. Manawatu being our region.
And I love the new mall
Old May 11th 2010, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
And I love the new mall
Really cool isn't it (well for the Manawatu anyway)? Actually makes me want to shop!!
Old May 11th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

i have only been to palmy twice and had a good time each time.
I can't say more than that really...I did think 'well I could live here'
It feels Kiwi..proper Kiwi
i meet so may english people here that it's like I never left
Old May 11th 2010, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate! There's no beach..I think that is the main problem. There are endless things to do here so boredom is not the issue and the Tararua Ranges that flank the town make it very pleasing on the eye. Alas our river is sooooooooooo poluted it has made world headlines..that does not help our image. Houses are VERY reasonably priced and from a logistical point of view we are very close to lots of BIG attractions and cool places. Per capita Palmy has more restaurants and coffee houses than anywhere in NZ which is nice. There are about 10 cinema screens and 4 theatres. There is an amazing indoor outdoor pool complex and the most amazing world class library that is unlike any library I have ever been to. We have an amazing number of parks and reserves almost 30 last time I looked on the map. We have the lowest truancy numbers in NZ and some great schools too. So its not all bad. Like wise I have no idea why Wanganui gets such a bad press. I went and was really wowed by the place..and they have the beach too!!!! Sports are big too, for instance we have 20 squash courts, indoor and outdoor karting and microlight flying clubs too. if you would like to learn more about the 'nice' place to live have a google at 'destination Manawatu'. Manawatu being our region.
Genesis, I was well impressed by your sales pitch and was thinking you really should be working for Tourism NZ .

Then I got to your bit about Wanganui being not so bad, and Im afraid you lost all credibility! Stick to talking up Palmy North, Im thinking it might even do a weekend now.
Old May 11th 2010, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Browner_
Genesis, I was well impressed by your sales pitch and was thinking you really should be working for Tourism NZ .

Then I got to your bit about Wanganui being not so bad, and Im afraid you lost all credibility! Stick to talking up Palmy North, Im thinking it might even do a weekend now.
Here we go again and your right genesis as you can see by these usual comments
Old May 11th 2010, 10:58 pm

Really cool isn't it (well for the Manawatu anyway)? Actually makes me want to shop!!
Old May 11th 2010, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Browner_

Trying to wind people up again? Namely me I guess? Anyway I'm not going to argue with you about wanga vegas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.