PALMERSTON NORTH

Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

cardigan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PALMERSTON NORTH

Originally Posted by teeym
We go diving at The Rez near Leek and when passing through it's always struck me as an alright place.

Strangely enough that is exactly what we thought about Palmy too. Can't offer the in-depth experience of others as we literally just passed through (and it was absolutely throwing it down at the time so we didn't go mad on exploring), but it had a pretty good feel to it and the square in the centre was really nice. Seeing as we had driven up from Welly that day the housing leaflets we had picked up made for pleasant reading - you could definitely get a lot more for your cash. It certainly struck me as somewhere that - on first impressions at least - I would be pretty happy living in.

As for "Nirvana Compared to Northampton". Isn't that the advertising pitch for Kabul Tourist Information?

hiya, leeks ok trust me its much better than stockport, the people are lovely not much going on though, and no jobs at all, do you go diving at tittersworth? we go there loads with the boys
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:08 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PALMERSTON NORTH

No - we're about 5 miles drive from Stoney Cove, so most of our diving is done there, or Dosthill near Tamworth if we are feeling adventurous!

We go up to The Rez about once a year - it's an old water board storage tank, so completely underground and pitch black, but only about 2m deep. Very different dive, but not one to do week in, week out! Really nice cafe on site with the best hot chocolates around!!