British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Palmerston North (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/palmerston-north-628236/)

love30stm Aug 30th 2009 7:03 am

Palmerston North

Hi all, I live in Wanganui, and have just been to my friends in Napier this weekend, which is lovely btw and I want to live there!!. :p anyway back to the subject, my friend and her Friends that I know and met are coming over to Palmerston north for a weekend so we can all meet up for a girls weekend, because its near to me, and wondered if you know of any good places to go that stay open late and is not to full of youngsters...hope you can help..thankyou anyone. somewhere where we can dance would be good. :)

kiwichicks Aug 30th 2009 7:48 am

Re: Palmerston North

I will ask my sister, she live in Palmy and knows the good places without feeling like you are at a college ball lol:eek:
They do open later, unlike many places that close at 9pm :(

D :D

love30stm Aug 30th 2009 7:50 am

Originally Posted by kiwichicks (Post 7888160)
I will ask my sister, she live in Palmy and knows the good places without feeling like you are at a college ball lol:eek:
They do open later, unlike many places that close at 9pm :(

D :D

Ahhh thanks very much. they opened until 3am in Napier :thumbup::eek: unlike Wanganui :thumbdown::frown:

pricklykina Aug 30th 2009 8:20 am

love 30 stm: I'm in wangas at the end of sept and really excited about it
Apparently it's "well worth the journey" ...Hope so!
Wanganui has a real dearth of places to go doesn't it. It scares me a wee bit after dark :/
Completely off topic I know...just excited about my girly road trip!

kiwichicks Aug 30th 2009 10:12 am

Well so far Cobb, which I believe wipe your feet on way out, but before i get any comments, not been myself:frown:
The hi-flyer another place and both open till after 2am:thumbsup:
My sister going ask at work tomorrow, keep you updated

D:D

keznjj Aug 30th 2009 10:20 am

I live in Palmy and as above there is the Cobb n Co in the centre of the town and High Flyers which I think has young ones in it but I believe on a Sat night it has a mixture of ages. There is an abundance of bars for pub crawl.

If you want a good laugh and dont care for standard you should get yourself down to the Karoke bar on Main St just past Flyers and opposite side of the road from Cobb. It is hilarious in there when you have a few swallys and a bunch of Maoris that hogg the mike. Hilarious and good friendly fun.

Have a good time whilst your down here:thumbsup:

Kiwiprincess Aug 30th 2009 11:04 pm

I got hit on by a former All Black (and my friend I was with, by a former Australian Wallaby) at a bar there. We were young enough to have been their daughters (in fact, one of them was born the day after my mum!) so it wasn't quite the best of opportunities.

If I could remember the name of it I would certainly suggest +not+ visiting there!

Kiwiprincess Aug 30th 2009 11:04 pm

And btw, that says far more about the patrons at that bar than it did at my 'pulling' ability.

love30stm Aug 31st 2009 2:51 am

QUOTE=Kiwiprincess;7889855]And btw, that says far more about the patrons at that bar than it did at my 'pulling' ability.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

love30stm Aug 31st 2009 2:52 am

Originally Posted by keznjj (Post 7888411)
I live in Palmy and as above there is the Cobb n Co in the centre of the town and High Flyers which I think has young ones in it but I believe on a Sat night it has a mixture of ages. There is an abundance of bars for pub crawl.

If you want a good laugh and dont care for standard you should get yourself down to the Karoke bar on Main St just past Flyers and opposite side of the road from Cobb. It is hilarious in there when you have a few swallys and a bunch of Maoris that hogg the mike. Hilarious and good friendly fun.

Have a good time whilst your down here:thumbsup:

Thanks but think we will give it a miss with the Karoke :eek:

Genesis Aug 31st 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by kiwichicks (Post 7888388)
Well so far Cobb, which I believe wipe your feet on way out, but before i get any comments, not been myself:frown:
The hi-flyer another place and both open till after 2am:thumbsup:
My sister going ask at work tomorrow, keep you updated

D:D

I was going to say Cobbs. Hiflyers is a very young age group. The Grand is cool, Church St, just by the Square and caters for the more discerning, mature punter. Likewise the pub opposite the Grand..the Brewers Apprentice or something like that. Enjoy.

Kiwiprincess Aug 31st 2009 6:10 am

Hmmm I wish I could remember the name of the bar. It was on one of the main roads, was a sports bar kind of place (but not full of rowdy students...away from the square). Bar to the right as you walked in, 2 levels. Not particularly wide bar. Toilets at the back.

Wow, with that description I would be bloody surprised if anyone got it.

Charismatic Aug 31st 2009 7:58 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 7888105)
wondered if you know of any good places to go that stay open late and is not to full of youngsters

NOIR on Cuba street? Not sure how late it’s open though :D.