Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Paladin clan NZ trip! Look out!

Paladin clan NZ trip! Look out!

Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Paladin clan NZ trip! Look out!

The fateful moment approaches for the great Paladin clan NZ reccy trip - a month in NZ and of course activating our PR visas at the same time!!!

We arrive in AKL at the ungodly hour of 6am or something on Jan 31st and you poor lot are stuck with us wreaking havoc in NZ til March 1st! OMG!!!!

We currently have a week planned in Welly area(and poss side trip to Nelson), a week in AKL area, a week in Northland/Bay of Islands; then a week taking in Coromandel and Bay of Plenty!! And Mrs. P is now saying we have to try and squeeze in a side trip to Napier as well!

We are probably headed to the Welly area first, staying up on the kapiti Coast in Paekakariki; then head back north after the first week!

Well that lot should do the camera some damage and will of course post a ton of pics when we get back!!!

If there are any forum members who fancy a meet up as we swing through your area, give me a shout - we're actually a very friendly bunch! Our 3 yr old & 14month old daughters will be along too so be prepared LOL!!!

Hope to meet some of you real soon!
Dave
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:53 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paladin clan NZ trip! Look out!

Originally Posted by Paladin
The fateful moment approaches for the great Paladin clan NZ reccy trip - a month in NZ and of course activating our PR visas at the same time!!!
Good luck all. Have a safe fun trip. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Carmen x
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Have a super trip! Are you extremely excited? I know I will be when I have less than 2 weeks to go. Lucky you spending so much time there. We're going to be at Raumati Beach on the Kapiti Coast, I think I'm looking forward to that part the most. I miss the ocean dreadfully being in the US Midwest.

What part are you most looking forward to? Hope you can get over the Strait to visit Nelson.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:21 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your trip mate. Its wicked
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Thanks Carmen, Marion & Jack! Yep I am TOTALLY looking forward to ALL of it!!

Actually i am really looking forward to seeing Nelson/top of South Island but tbh am sure the whole darn place is probably gorgeous anyhow! I'm sure the Bay of islands will blow me away too - not sure if I will get to go diving this time tho which is a bit of a bummer - we'll see! I'm desperate to dive the Poor Knights!
Apart from that lookin forward to Wellington and Kapiti Coast as there seems to be a gut feeling in our house that Welly as a city will have a lot more "soul" than AKL!!!

Woohoo! Beam me up Scotty!!

Dave
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Paladin;4302065]seems to be a gut feeling in our house that Welly as a city will have a lot more "soul" than AKL!!!

/QUOTE]

Never a truer word spoken.

I note you don't seem to be taking in Hamilton on your trip - why ever not?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Carmen, Marion & Jack! Yep I am TOTALLY looking forward to ALL of it!!

Actually i am really looking forward to seeing Nelson/top of South Island but tbh am sure the whole darn place is probably gorgeous anyhow! I'm sure the Bay of islands will blow me away too - not sure if I will get to go diving this time tho which is a bit of a bummer - we'll see! I'm desperate to dive the Poor Knights!
Apart from that lookin forward to Wellington and Kapiti Coast as there seems to be a gut feeling in our house that Welly as a city will have a lot more "soul" than AKL!!!

Woohoo! Beam me up Scotty!!

Dave
Dave,me thinks there's a Welly meet brewing at our place, 16 Feb! You around for it? Pop in if you can!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danny.f
Dave,me thinks there's a Welly meet brewing at our place, 16 Feb! You around for it? Pop in if you can!
Would love to if we are still around down that way!!! Cheers! Although we have first week of Feb planned to be on south end of north island the way things go at our house we could be anywhere LOLOLOL!

Dave
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=mazi;4302139]
seems to be a gut feeling in our house that Welly as a city will have a lot more "soul" than AKL!!!

/QUOTE]

Never a truer word spoken.

I note you don't seem to be taking in Hamilton on your trip - why ever not?
Oh yeah - its top of my list! Did i forget to say?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Paladin;4302178]
Originally Posted by mazi

Oh yeah - its top of my list! Did i forget to say?
Indeed you did - I knew you wouldn't be missing it out!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=mazi;4302192]
Indeed you did - I knew you wouldn't be missing it out!
hmmm, funnily enough not quite sure there will be time to take in the delights of Hamilton! A great shame I know!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Paladin;4302198]
Originally Posted by mazi

hmmm, funnily enough not quite sure there will be time to take in the delights of Hamilton! A great shame I know!
WHAT??????????!!!!!!!!!! Cultured man like you. Disappointed.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Harlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really nice

Would love to if we are still around down that way!!! Cheers! Although we have first week of Feb planned to be on south end of north island the way things go at our house we could be anywhere LOLOLOL!

Dave
Hi,
We recently took over a business at Tahunanui beach, Nelson. If I can be of any assistance when you arrive in this area, I'd be glad to - although we are newbies to the area/country I have a pretty good network of contacts already, should you have questions that need answering.

We did the big trip around NZ upon arrival in September similar to the one planned by yourself and found that the Nelson area ticked the most boxes for us.

According to the "Nelson Mail", Nelson has maintained the most sunshine hours in New Zealand for nine consecutive years, unfortunately, since we have lived here the worst December for sixty years has also been recorded.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

We arrive in AKL at the ungodly hour of 6am or something on Jan 31st and you poor lot are stuck with us wreaking havoc in NZ til March 1st! OMG!!!!

We currently have a week planned in Welly area(and poss side trip to Nelson), a week in AKL area, a week in Northland/Bay of Islands; then a week taking in Coromandel and Bay of Plenty!! And Mrs. P is now saying we have to try and squeeze in a side trip to Napier as well!

We are probably headed to the Welly area first, staying up on the kapiti Coast in Paekakariki; then head back north after the first week!

Well that lot should do the camera some damage and will of course post a ton of pics when we get back!!!

If there are any forum members who fancy a meet up as we swing through your area, give me a shout - we're actually a very friendly bunch! Our 3 yr old & 14month old daughters will be along too so be prepared LOL!!!

Hope to meet some of you real soon!
Dave
a view from paekakariki hill to keep going til you get here
we are on the kapiti coast if we can help just yell , you can pop round for a cuppa if you like xx
Attached Thumbnails Paladin clan NZ trip! Look out!-paekak-hill.jpg  
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:28 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppets
a view from paekakariki hill to keep going til you get here
we are on the kapiti coast if we can help just yell , you can pop round for a cuppa if you like xx
Dave, was wondering where you'd got to, you seemed to be absent whilst Jack was away - you sure you're not one and the same?!

Have a fantastic trip. We only got to see Welly at 2am to catch the ferry to get to Kaikoura to see the whales which was a real shame as hubby born in Welly and has rellies there. Never mind, we'll hit it for a long weekend when we get there.

Hope it's all you hope it to be and more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.