The Pakeha Party

Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:52 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The Pakeha Party

I realise I’m treading very close to the line given their recent popularity but ‘The Pakeha Party’ reminds me of those political parties in America that campaign on the idea that “everyone has equal opportunity at work, so why should the wealthy pay more tax?” or “everyone has equal opportunity at school, why should the thick kids get extra tuition?” At least the arguments seem to contain analogeus flaws. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that as the U.S. has “The Tea Party” and Britain has “UKIP” we should also end up with a place for New Zealand ultra-liberal closet racists (tongue in cheek…but only a little).

I’d be the first to argue that a long term strategy for better integration is needed but ‘The Pakeha Party’ seems to be more about cutting one minority ethnic group off at the knees than creating a better society for the myriad of types of people who live on our little Islands. Do I at least have a fair point on the latter, that it's the right conversation conducted with insincere intentions?

Last edited by Charismatic; Jul 11th 2013 at 1:55 am.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pakeha Party

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I realise I’m treading very close to the line given their recent popularity but ‘The Pakeha Party’ reminds me of those political parties in America that campaign on the idea that “everyone has equal opportunity at work, so why should the wealthy pay more tax?” or “everyone has equal opportunity at school, why should the thick kids get extra tuition?” At least the arguments seem to contain analogeus flaws. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that as the U.S. has “The Tea Party” and Britain has “UKIP” we should also end up with a place for New Zealand ultra-liberal closet racists (tongue in cheek…but only a little).

I’d be the first to argue that a long term strategy for better integration is needed but ‘The Pakeha Party’ seems to be more about cutting one minority ethnic group off at the knees than creating a better society for the myriad of types of people who live on our little Islands. Do I at least have a fair point on the latter, that it's the right conversation conducted with insincere intentions?
Pakeha is a filthy word which instils the same meaning as "negro". Both words should be banned from all vocabularies
Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Pakeha is a filthy word which instils the same meaning as "negro". Both words should be banned from all vocabularies
I don't know about the word "pakeha" but there is nothing wrong or derogatory about the word negro!

It is a Spanish word and means black!

Last edited by Robbie2010; Jul 11th 2013 at 8:48 am.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Negro/negritto/negoretto etc, completely nothing wrong with it at all

Just ask Luis Suarez and the Liverpool fans. It's completely fair to call people that, common culture.