Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

paid a visit loved the place

paid a visit loved the place

Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:35 am
Just Joined

spursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nice
Smile paid a visit loved the place

well here i am back in the uk and back at work popped over to NZ for a visit and a look around for a couple of weeks and a couple of meetings about work. Must say what a fantastic place i was in the big citys Auckland and then wellington i think i prefer wellington and the kapti coast. found evey one to be very friendly and very helpful spent a few evenings in the green man in wellington nice place good food really nice staff. went off exploring via train and bus and im very impressed just waiting to get the job sorted and then here i come hopefully wont be to long.
i would say to any one thinking about moving over go and have a look and speak to as many people over in NZ who have made the move almost every one i spoke to said they loved it and wont be going back to uk and i cant blame them.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:19 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paid a visit loved the place

hope the interviews went well and you hear back soon. If you do end up this way give us a shout as we're up between Wellington and Kapiti Coast and would love to help you out.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

spursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nicespursmac1967 is just really nice

Thanks the post im chasing doesnt actually exist as yet as it a new position coming in from a restructure but the meetings went very well and they were explaining what sort of role they see me in within the restructure and its very similar to what i do at the moment back in the uk so. Have been in touch and things are progressing nicely at the moment so fingers crossed it might actually happen this year. we talked about notice periods at my current job and salary + leave so all in pretty good meting.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 4:00 am
Just Joined

jill.dalton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spursmac1967
well here i am back in the uk and back at work popped over to NZ for a visit and a look around for a couple of weeks and a couple of meetings about work. Must say what a fantastic place i was in the big citys Auckland and then wellington i think i prefer wellington and the kapti coast. found evey one to be very friendly and very helpful spent a few evenings in the green man in wellington nice place good food really nice staff. went off exploring via train and bus and im very impressed just waiting to get the job sorted and then here i come hopefully wont be to long.
i would say to any one thinking about moving over go and have a look and speak to as many people over in NZ who have made the move almost every one i spoke to said they loved it and wont be going back to uk and i cant blame them.
I will have to agree with you about speaking to as many NZlanders that have immigrated here. It really helps to hear what other people have done so that you can make the smoothest move possible. There are a lot of tricky little things especially in the timing so it helps to get advice from people that have recently done it. We are 8 months new here from the US and are so happy to be here. Hope your move goes smoothly.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 4:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spursmac1967
Thanks the post im chasing doesnt actually exist as yet as it a new position coming in from a restructure but the meetings went very well and they were explaining what sort of role they see me in within the restructure and its very similar to what i do at the moment back in the uk so. Have been in touch and things are progressing nicely at the moment so fingers crossed , it might actually happen this year. we talked about notice periods at my current job and salary + leave so all in pretty good meting.
Good one . with the job. Look forward to reading that it's in the bag & we're adding you to the leavers and arrivals list.
Any paperwork queries or any other queries for that matter just give us lot a shout and someone will be along to try 'n help. I see Mrs F has the Welly welcome in hand.

Has some "fingers crossed" karma and I'll also look forward to seeing a spursmac avatar