Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

packers here - I'm in trouble!

packers here - I'm in trouble!

Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default packers here - I'm in trouble!

The guys are here packing up and doing really well. They are lovely and chatty but one of them is an older, chainsmoking, slightly neurotic bloke. He has just bitten my head off cos he left all the paperwork by the sink and I was washing up, didn't notice the papers and got them wet. You would have thought I had committed a terrible crime the way he carried on at me. I calmly took the paper s and put them on the heater to dry out. 10 mins later, all dry, albeit a little crinkly.

This day is very stressful, guess it didn't help at the start of today when my boyfriend woke up and announced he wasn't coming with me to NZ!!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: packers here - I'm in trouble!

Deep breath, and after taking a deep breath remind the guy shouting at you, that you are the customer and paying the wages and please refain from talking to you like that!!!

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend - just think of all the positive things in a day that looks like it's turning bad.

Good luck
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:14 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
it didn't help at the start of today when my boyfriend woke up and announced he wasn't coming with me to NZ!!!!!
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! How do you feel? Hope you're okay.

Good excuse to take it out on old grumpy packer!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

So its all over... the packers have taken almost everything I own and packed it all into a 20 foot container. I am sitting in an empty flat with 2 suitcases packed, ready to leave on Friday. My b/f and I had planned to spend these last few days living it up in a fancy hotel before jetting off to our new lives.

Don't feel sorry for me. Yes I have been sobbing my heart out and sitting here with a bottle of wine that I can't drink cos they packed the bl@@dy corkscrew, a tinned tuna sandwich (which luckily had a pull ring) but.....

I feel relieved. My new adventure is about to begin and I have a couple of days to reflect, see friends, do whatever I want before getting on that plane. I have upgraded to business class just to spoil myself because I think I deserve it and dont have to justify myself to anybody ever again. I am happy and feel priviledged that I have an opportunity that so many people would kill for... the chance for a fresh start in a wonderful new country with new friends and a job that will enable me to feel useful again.

New Zealand, here I come.....
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Wow - I admire your strength .

Enjoy your last few days and make the most of your upgrade.

Alison
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: packers here - I'm in trouble!

Wow! You go girl!

Can't ya get a neighbour to get the top of that bottle for ya?
You will be pleased to know that most wine bottes in NZ are screw tops now lol.......

Oh and plenty more blokes in NZ, enjoy your last few days there it wont be long now before you start a whole new life and someone left behind will always be
left thinking "I wonder how different my life would have been if i had gone, i wonder what shes doing now"

As for he grumpy old man he needs to get a life.......(maybe he wishes he could do what you are doing)

So chin up and enjoy your new life!
All the best
Cally x
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cally49

As for he grumpy old man he needs to get a life.......(maybe he wishes he could do what you are doing)
Apparantly his boyfriend left him too!!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:30 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

couldnt read and run. Yes it is soooooooooo stressful when the packers finally come (well i found it was). And good on ya for upgrading to business. You will get so spoilt (thats how we travelled).
See you are heading to Welly? Dont forget to get in touch with one of us. We'll all be on hand if you need help etc. See you soon!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Bet you was nervous and excited at the same time huh?

Glad to see you looking at all the positives and not the negatives!

And I agree with Cally. . . . . . . . the what if's may drive him mad!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

I don't usually do stress but packing up day did stress me out too. So sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend, his loss though! I wish you the very best of luck with your new life. You go girl
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little tip! Smack the crap out of him and the boyfriend! saying "Do you know how stressful this is?"
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw thats funni........You will do well in NZ...............
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Good luck you tough Essex girl you.
Karen and myself wish you luck for most excellent adventure.

Gary..
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

So its all over... the packers have taken almost everything I own and packed it all into a 20 foot container. I am sitting in an empty flat with 2 suitcases packed, ready to leave on Friday. My b/f and I had planned to spend these last few days living it up in a fancy hotel before jetting off to our new lives.

Don't feel sorry for me. Yes I have been sobbing my heart out and sitting here with a bottle of wine that I can't drink cos they packed the bl@@dy corkscrew, a tinned tuna sandwich (which luckily had a pull ring) but.....

I feel relieved. My new adventure is about to begin and I have a couple of days to reflect, see friends, do whatever I want before getting on that plane. I have upgraded to business class just to spoil myself because I think I deserve it and dont have to justify myself to anybody ever again. I am happy and feel priviledged that I have an opportunity that so many people would kill for... the chance for a fresh start in a wonderful new country with new friends and a job that will enable me to feel useful again.

New Zealand, here I come.....
Excellent attitude. Good luck with your new adventure.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hotpots has a spectacular aura aboutHotpots has a spectacular aura aboutHotpots has a spectacular aura about

Just wanted to say Good luck with everything, with the approach you ahve taken so far I'm sure you'll soon be settled here.

Sending good vibes Can't find a hug smiley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.